• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Brings up an old thread about rentals and gun possession. I wasn't sure of our terms, so the pistols are in a small safe and the AK is under the mattress.
    It's locked in a plastic carry case so I had to pile sheets to mask it.

Should I tell my wife or just let her snuggle over to the comfy side?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    XGF saw a strap sticking out from under the bed and thought "tote bag". Nope. M4. She was somewhat taken aback. Kinda like when my mom found my first AR under my bed (didn't move out til after college & all) not booze, not drugs, not pr0n, an AR15 :)

SRR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    My Ak is under the bed and the wife does not mind it at all. She knows is there, and it is ready to be put into action when need it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    She was in bed before I removed it tonight. I told her to get out for a second and she thought some bug was in the bed. I had it between mattress and boxspring in case prying eyes were looking for a reason to evict us (will post about company once we move out).

She couldn't tell it was there. Heh. I will migrate towards a nightstand safe but not there yet.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Does she know you own it? If that part of the nagging is over, I would come clean. Have you ever tried to pull it from under the mattress should you need it? I keep mine right next to the bed, but we each have pistols on the night stands. For a bump in the night I am more likely to grab my pistol than the AK. Unless someone is actively trying to kick in a door, I would rather have night sights.

The AK has done a good job keeping the mother in law at bay. After we moved in to our new house she went to grab something from the bedroom, saw the AK (scary underfolder and all) and promptly turned around and refused to go in there.

Top Bottom