• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    Turned 69, got my first gun for christmas at age 10(Sears single shot 22), anyway went to the Salem gun show this weekend and realized there was nothing I wanted to buy. Ended up buying some silver coins. I already have most of the classics, Python, SAA, rem 700, browning A5, an AR, several European classic sxs`s, lots of .22`s, a few mil surplus, etc. So I have more then I can shoot, but its more of an end of life decision to enjoy what I already have. Have any of you older retired guys come to the same conclusion? or are you still accumulating?

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I’ve slowed down a bit, but they keep cranking out new 10mms, I keep buying them. I also jump on decent deals for guns I like. They don’t go bad and they are a liquid asset if I need some cash. It pisses off a certain faction of society that I can own so many of them so I see it as my duty sorta.

I have slowed way down buying reloading components. I have enough to shoot at my current rate well into my 90s, so I pick up a little here and there but well below replacement rate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Same. There are a few I still want, but not in a huge hurry because I dont have a NEED for one. I'm content where I'm at in my early 50s.

80s era Rem 1100
    1911 (just because)
    M1A
    M1 Garand
    Black powder revolver
    AMT Automag in 30 carbine (cool as hell)

All the above the wants dont outweigh the financial impact on the budget. There is stuff I value more. (like going on vacation, etc)

Now if I won the lottery? Id buy one of the above for each hand. LOL

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Same. There are a few I still want, but not in a huge hurry because I dont have a NEED for one. I'm content where I'm at in my early 50s.

80s era Rem 1100
    1911 (just because)
    M1A
    M1 Garand
    Black powder revolver
    AMT Automag in 30 carbine (cool as hell)

All the above the wants dont outweigh the financial impact on the budget. There is stuff I value more. (like going on vacation, etc)

Now if I won the lottery? Id buy one of the above for each hand. LOL
    You've got 3 on my list, 1911, M1A, and Garand, but I'd love to find a nice older S&W .357, something in 45-70. I'm 62, and just retired (Thanks Joe Biden) so buying guns might be limited. I'd love to have a repop Civil War rifle, and a copy of the 1803 Harpers Ferry rifle, used on the Lewis, and Clark expedition. Same for winning the lottery....One of each please!!!!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ll be 68 and own more than I could ever shoot, many I haven’t shot at all. I’m not planning on stopping but I do plan to thin the herd and look for quality over quantity. I’m also on the lookout for things I’ve always wanted and for some reason or another just have never obtained them. I’ve wanted a Browning Semi Auto .22 rifle since I was a kid and finally picked up one from another member. It makes no sense at all but I just never bought one.
    I’m also on the lookout for a Colt Match Target .22, Pre 70 Series Colt LW Commander .38 Super and a CZ 453 .22 to name a few. I’m not in a rush to obtain them since it’s been so long anyway but they are just things I’d like to own. Good luck to all of you and the search continues.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Me too....in the last few months I have sold quite a few of my firearms....I have 3 that I use for concealed carry depending on the situation I am going to be in...the rest of them just sit in the safe....Even though I liked most of those I got rid of, I just decided that I no longer need the "latest" must have...I still go to shows etc. and like to walk around and look but as far as buying anything more, it's going to have to be something really special for me to consider it....Sure, there are things I have wanted for a long time, but I am ok with admiring them from afar....I will likely retire this year after 40 years at the same job and just don't see the need nor have the desire to have any more safe queens....

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I am 61. I would not say that I have stopped buying. However, as I see retirement in the next 5 years or so. When I get the desire for something new/different. I take into consideration the cost and availability of the ammo needed to feed my new want.

Top Bottom