• ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    :rockwoot::ar15:

I just placed my order for the Colt LE6920 from Buds. I don't know why I am writing this except to say that I am so excited that I have goosebumps and I had to tell someone. (because I sure am not telling my wife):):

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Thanks guys. I am pumped. Now, start telling me some places where I can get the accessories for this bad boy.:yesway:

PS my 17 yo son is lovin' the news also.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    ARF.com EE.

i picked up a NIB KAC RAS for $150 shipped, an EoTech 512 NIB for $300 (local guy), and a LaRue ACOG mount NIB for $80 shipped.

I ended up getting my ACOG and Grip-pod (both NIB) from ebay for about $575 and $50 shipped respectively. :)

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    But then, I think I have enough toys already.:rockwoot:

Winners never quit and quiters never win!:D Come on man don't give up.:):

Seriously, I feel ya man. My daughter started college this year. I sold my dirt bike and mike road bike (bicycle) to help pay for it. Sometimes your up and sometimes your down. As long as we keep our priorities straight, it's all good.:yesway:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    ARF.com EE.

i picked up a NIB KAC RAS for $150 shipped, an EoTech 512 NIB for $300 (local guy), and a LaRue ACOG mount NIB for $80 shipped.

I ended up getting my ACOG and Grip-pod (both NIB) from ebay for about $575 and $50 shipped respectively. :)

What is that site? I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the info. It's pretty obvious that the gun is just scratching the surface. You can easily double the cost of the weapon once you put the things on it that you want.

Now the gun show is coming up and I am afraid to go because I might buy something.:laugh:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    What is that site? I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the info. It's pretty obvious that the gun is just scratching the surface. You can easily double the cost of the weapon once you put the things on it that you want.

Now the gun show is coming up and I am afraid to go because I might buy something.:laugh:

sorry aboot that. the actual site is AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!) and EE = Equipement Exchange.

And yes, you can load up on all sorts of expensive accessories real quick. :D Here's my advice (and no doubt the advice of thousands): buy once and cry once. Don't waste your money on junk optics (or whatever) because you don't want to shell out the cash for quality glass. If you really want an ACOG or a Leupold, save up and buy one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    :rockwoot::ar15:

I just placed my order for the Colt LE6920 from Buds. I don't know why I am writing this except to say that I am so excited that I have goosebumps and I had to tell someone. (because I sure am not telling my wife):):

Just don't get that tingly feeling up your leg like Chris Matthews when he talked about Obamao

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    man I am chompin' at the bit! Buds shipped my AR yesterday and Cabellas received it this morning at 10:15 AM. I told my son when he gets home from work we will go together and pick it up. Then when he came home I called to make sure it was ready to be picked up. They said they have the gun but that it hasn't gone through processing yet. They told me it maybe ready tomorrow or maybe Monday!

One day shipping from Lexington to Hammond and then possibly three days to process the gun at Cabellas? I know that I am being impatient but man I am ready for this thing. I was hoping to shoot it today or tomorrow.

Come on BABY....

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    colt1.jpg
    colt3.jpg
    colt2.jpg

she's finally home! Colt LE6920 traded a Shotgun in at Buds and then paid another $950.00 for her. I got a better than expected deal because - let's just say not everyone is good at math.

Picked up 100 rounds of ammo while I was at Cabelas and ordered a Blackhawk tactical case from an Ebay vendor. All that is left to do now is take my son to the range and start putting another $1100.00 - $1200.00 into customizing it!

It's my first AR and I am PUMPED baby!

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    well you started off right, thats for sure. does it have a commercial buffer tube?

Thanks. Well I am not totally sure but I think that it is mil spec. I had very little time to look her over last night because my wife made me go to the gym:D

Here is what I have planned:
    LaRue Tactical 7.0" Handguard LT15-7
    Magpul XT full length rail covers (set of 3) – dark earth
    Milspec IMOD AIB-MST – dark earth
    Tango Down vertical foregrip – dark earth
    Pmag 30 maglevel – dark earth
    Magpul MIAD – dark earth
    EOTech SU-231/PEQ (Model 553) – dark earth

No big hurry just a future plan. But I would like to pickup the EOTech fairly soon.

It was hard standing at the counter waiting for the paperwork to finish because I started looking at the Kimber pro carry 45 and now I have another path to start down.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks. Well I am not totally sure but I think that it is mil spec. I had very little time to look her over last night because my wife made me go to the gym:D

Here is what I have planned:
    LaRue Tactical 7.0" Handguard LT15-7
    Magpul XT full length rail covers (set of 3) – dark earth
    Milspec IMOD AIB-MST – dark earth
    Tango Down vertical foregrip – dark earth
    Pmag 30 maglevel – dark earth
    Magpul MIAD – dark earth
    EOTech SU-231/PEQ (Model 553) – dark earth

No big hurry just a future plan. But I would like to pickup the EOTech fairly soon.

It was hard standing at the counter waiting for the paperwork to finish because I started looking at the Kimber pro carry 45 and now I have another path to start down.

yeah, it should be milspec but the stock seems very angled to me. is the back of the tube slanted at all or is it flat?

Top Bottom