• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I am finally back, and can call Indiana my home once again!

First time I came was to attend Purdue, spent 6 years there learning and then stayed 3 more to teach. Did not enjoy the harsh winters, but loved attending games at Mackey Arena.
    Got a job at the Pentagon and had to move to the DC area. I hated it, 10/10 would not recommend. Traffic was soul crushing and everything was expensive.
    Moved contracts to the FBI and then DHS, and for some reason they have all their stuff in middle of nowhere West Virginia. New WV company is cool with me returning to Indiana, since most of them are from here too.

New(ish) to southern Indiana. For those of you who have been in the area long - When will the allergens stop trying to hurt me?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Welcome back to the United States of America!
    There's more than corn in Indiana, there's beans too!

Glad you made it out of occupied D.C.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    Welcome back to :ingo: neighbor! :wavey:

As far as the allergies go, they don’t stop! Well you might get a break after the first hard freeze but we haven’t really been having that so there’s that…

I suffer from them also and usually only catch a break during December, January, and February. During the peak months I am usually taking 3 different allergy medications. We call it “the Ohio Valley Crud”! Lol

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

First time I came was to attend Purdue, spent 6 years there learning and then stayed 3 more to teach. Did not enjoy the harsh winters, but loved attending games at Mackey Arena.
    Got a job at the Pentagon and had to move to the DC area. I hated it, 10/10 would not recommend. Traffic was soul crushing and everything was expensive.
    Moved contracts to the FBI and then DHS, and for some reason they have all their stuff in middle of nowhere West Virginia. New WV company is cool with me returning to Indiana, since most of them are from here too.

New(ish) to southern Indiana. For those of you who have been in the area long - When will the allergens stop trying to hurt me?
    I lived and worked a large portion of my life in NoVa...
    Can't say I miss the traffic, or the the multi national feel

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

:welcome: to;):ingo:

For tree pollen it subsides around the 1st of June and you have a break until the 1st of August that's when Grass, and Ragweed pollen kicks in, and that lasts until at least the first good frost.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Welcome back from a fellow Alum. 08 grad, wife was 10 grad. Grandfather was sometime in the early 60s. When my siblings and cousins were college age we went about 15 years with a consistent presence on campus.
    Family goes way back to Purdue.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

What part of 495 did you did you live off?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom