• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    We did the same thing several years ago. We have a very large, old school for a home, with a high roof and a high pitch. After getting quotes in the $20 - 30,000 range from a few contractors, we had two that were mostly Mexican crews that could do it for half the price.

They came out and had our roof and it's entire 3 old layers peeled off and finished in 2 full days. The little bit of decking they had to replace was also done well. They were very thorough in their work and in their cleanup. No plants were damaged, and I still haven't found a single nail on my property.

I will totally hire them again in the future if the company is still around.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I need some where can they be found? I had tree trimmers come by and I asked if they would do some other work and they declined. They had no teeth! Too good I suppose.

NE corner of State St and Washington St. They are there every day waiting for work. Bring a van and hire as many as you need.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    As far as I'm concerned anymore if the work gets done and the price is fair, that's all that matters.

Currently I am still waiting on a local contractor to come and start the electrical job I hired him to do. My deposit was cashed over a month ago but still nothing. The local contractor before him kept telling me he had my quote on his desk to be mailed, but I never received it either. So now I'm 0 for 2 with legal, licensed contractors and out $525.

Next time I'm hiring whoever will actually show up and do what they are being paid to do even if they're from mars.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Next time I'm hiring whoever will actually show up and do what they are being paid to do even if they're from mars.
    history-channel-hd-aliens-thumb.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I hire anyone willing to give honest work for honest pay, I do not care where they are from, however I do wish them to be in the U.S legally!

:yesway::patriot::patriot::patriot::yesway:
    You consulted bad contractors from the get go I see, too busy, bad crew, ya needed to do better research on who you wanted on your roof.

I have a friend who could have used that gig as well as many many many many many many other Indiana natives as well as U.S. citizens,
    The contractors you consulted RARELY have US citizens, or a competant crew do their work proper, I KNOW the type, show up in a 2013 Tundra talk all the hype a customer's wants, then sends out 28 NON U.S citizens, druggies, etc, to do the work in 1 hour, problems arise and there might be a 20% chance the contractor will accept the "faults" or "problems" that might be unforeseen.
    Or
    The contractors you consulted wanted way too much because they had to make an honest living, paying honest wages, and making a living by being 100%

or all the opposite, who knows....

Yes your "hired help" needed the work, but you my friend, contributed to the problem that is affecting the working class in America today, I hope your roof last many years to come.

Our pool business practices properly,when we sub contract our help, we make SURE that all the help are U.S citizens and are square from the get go, from clean up to finish. We have to rebuild America properly and by the rules.

We cannot support non American labor in the U.S.

Dont get me wrong, I know what built America, I studied it, even paid people to teach me LOL, These are different times.

Last edited:

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    :yesway::patriot::patriot::patriot::yesway:
    You consulted bad contractors from the get go I see, too busy, bad crew, ya needed to do better research on who you wanted on your roof.

I have a friend who could have used that gig as well as many many many many many many other Indiana natives as well as U.S. citizens,
    The contractors you consulted RARELY have US citizens, or a competant crew do their work proper, I KNOW the type, show up in a 2013 Tundra talk all the hype a customer's wants, then sends out 28 NON U.S citizens, druggies, etc, to do the work in 1 hour, problems arise and there might be a 20% chance the contractor will accept the "faults" or "problems" that might be unforeseen.
    Or
    The contractors you consulted wanted way too much because they had to make an honest living, paying honest wages, and making a living by being 100%

or all the opposite, who knows....

Yes your "hired help" needed the work, but you my friend, contributed to the same problem that is affecting America today, I hope your roof last many years to come.

Our pool business practices properly,when we sub contract our help, we make SURE that all the help are U.S citizens and are square from the get go, from clean up to finish. We have to rebuild America properly and by the rules.

We cannot support non American labor in the U.S.

What he said..my roofer was perfect..2 times. Kills me to hear wont do work they will...please..because it dont pay!?,! And you cant compete legally if this goes on..
    Must stop

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Forget it if they are not licensed, bonded and insured! One broken back from falling off your roof and they might be able to OWN your house.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Forget it if they are not licensed, bonded and insured! One broken back from falling off your roof and they might be able to OWN your house.

Yup, "In the office of Immigration affairs"***,The man hired me to do work on his house I dont have a place to live "In spanish of course" i dont have any food, this is the only work i had, the man didnt tell me the roof had a nail sticking out and i tripped and thats when i broke my back.

Then its your a** on a plate.
    He more than likely would be compensated, with his recovery at Wishard, or other misc fee's, all would be at the cost of the U.S.A or you.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Recently I hired a local contractor to put a new roof on our maintenance building. When I drove by to see the progress, there were mexicans all over the roof working and not a local in sight. The only time I saw the local contractor was when he originally gave me the quote and when he picked up his check. When I asked him about all the mexicans, he said he subs out the work to them to save money.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    If they lock all the illegals up and do convict leasing they can not only get them off the street, but there would be money to be made and the work they do would still be there.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Definition of PROUD

: feeling or showing pride: as
    a : having or displaying excessive self-esteem
    b : much pleased : exultant
    c : having proper self-respect

I do not think you where really "proud" of hiring illegals.I did find a word that fit how you feel though.
    Definition of SMUG

: highly self-satisfied

Just helping you out with the English language.

bosaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Definition of PROUD

: feeling or showing pride: as
    a : having or displaying excessive self-esteem
    b : much pleased : exultant
    c : having proper self-respect

I do not think you where really "proud" of hiring illegals.I did find a word that fit how you feel though.
    Definition of SMUG

: highly self-satisfied

Just helping you out with the English language.

Since you put it that way, I was proud and smug. Proud being b: much pleased and, c: having proper self-respect. And after the fact, I was smug - highly self-satisfied.

Bosaw

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    The contractors I hired wanted less than the Mexican's.
    Two of the contractors who wouldn't do it wanted $250 for a 10 square job. The other two contractors who wouldn't do it wanted $350, and $400 respectively for the same job.

The Mexican's I hired did it for $300 and I even gave them a tip for a total of $340

So If the "Mexicans" price was more than the licensed, Bonded and insured contractors didn't you in fact overpay to have the job done? I would have thought the "Mexicans" estimate would have been about 1/3 of the others since i am sure they failed to get licensed, bonded, insured or pay taxes, like a legitimate contractor. I'm not so sure I would be proud to have overpaid for a job with no warranty.

Top Bottom