• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A few years ago I got some guys (who didn't normally carry) to open carry their guns after a USPSA match when we went to lunch afterward. Three of them wore their guns (reluctantly) and when I realized they were unloaded and didn't have a charged magazine among them, I did a mental facepalm. I didn't explicitly tell them their guns should be loaded if they're going to carry them and it never occurred to them.

Of all the reasons why that guy's gun has no magazine, none are good!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe the guy in the photo has mastered the ULTRA Israeli method. You not only have to rack the slide on your draw, you also have to insert a magazine first. 'Cause it's bada** to do it that way, that's why.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Hopefully your "buddy" informed the fellow about his missing mag, instead of leaving him without a means to defend himself. I am sure if I saw a police officer in the same situation I would let him know.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Had the same problem with a P3AT.....I even went as far as attaching a lanyard ring and small chain between the gun and the magazine. I no longer carry in the same manner that caused the mag to drop free. Also don't carry the P3AT very often either.
    You would think he would notice the difference in weight if it just fell out. Happened to me once on a P32, the holster covered the mag release and when you put pressure on it would drop the mag right out, but I realized it right away- something just didn't feel right.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Had the same problem with a P3AT.....I even went as far as attaching a lanyard ring and small chain between the gun and the magazine. I no longer carry in the same manner that caused the mag to drop free. Also don't carry the P3AT very often either.

I cut the leather out of the way, works just fine now. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Assuming the pic was taken with a cell phone camera, isn't that awful close for an OCer to let someone get behind them?

Is it ironic the guy in the pic was shopping for first aid supplies?

Top Bottom