• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    It reads as ANY post, theirs, yours it doesn't matter.

That's what I thought. Then CM said this.

The OP can bump on his or her 24 hr clock. Any posts from the masses do not mean anything unless the OP responds inside the 24 hr clock.
    If you understand what I just said PM me with a solid explanation please.

Seriously though, Use the PM system for any responses outside of asking a direct question as to the item being sold/traded.
    No 1 set of rules can cover every instance or situation. In this the Mods have full discretion.

In green.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Yep. And it wasn't the first time you have been warned about doing so.

We have rule for reasons. We are not forcing you to be here. It's your choice. But if you choose to do so, you have to follow our rules. Period.

If you really don't want to be here, quit logging in.

never even once said I didn’t want to be here, but you’re certainly making an excellent case for me.

if you don’t want people responding to classified ads, you can block the capability with this message board platform...ask me how I know?

I supported this site when I moved here a year ago because I was deeply involved with my message board back home and I believed it was an important step in becoming part of the community here in my new home state.

The mods have their own little clique, I get it. I honestly could not possibly care less that you’ve all decided to dog pile on me for no reason since I’ve been here. I got thick skin on Parris Island and I don’t play the helpless victim very well.

If you think you’ve correctly judged the content of my character because I misunderstood your FAQ, you are sadly mistaken.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No. 24 hrs after your last bump.

The rule is to keep people from gaming the classies and keeping their ad at the top of the new posts list.
    You can ask a question of the OP about the item but if we see a pattern (and yes we have seen this) where buddy's are bumping with questions to keep the ad up top we will smack your Pee-Pee.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The rule is to keep people from gaming the classies and keeping their ad at the top of the new posts list.
    You can ask a question of the OP about the item but if we see a pattern (and yes we have seen this) where buddy's are bumping with questions to keep the ad up top we will smack your Pee-Pee.

This aint that hard peoples.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    never even once said I didn’t want to be here, but you’re certainly making an excellent case for me.

if you don’t want people responding to classified ads, you can block the capability with this message board platform...ask me how I know?

I supported this site when I moved here a year ago because I was deeply involved with my message board back home and I believed it was an important step in becoming part of the community here in my new home state.

The mods have their own little clique, I get it. I honestly could not possibly care less that you’ve all decided to dog pile on me for no reason since I’ve been here. I got thick skin on Parris Island and I don’t play the helpless victim very well.

If you think you’ve correctly judged the content of my character because I misunderstood your FAQ, you are sadly mistaken.

I fail to see how I mentioned ANYTHING about judging your character. You brought up that you received an infraction from me. All I stated was you failed to follow the rules. How is that related in anyway to your character?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's not. Some people get their ego bruised and then can't stop arguing how it was not their fault when they get called out. If you were warned and went ahead afterwards anyway, you got what you deserved. I think your "rules are for fools" line is not going to make you very popular here if you truly believe that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    tenor.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got an infraction for the classifieds one time. I don't remember what it was for... I regard it as my Bad Boy Badge. Chicks like that sort of thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Huh. I got two. From a chick!

I miss her.

Robby mac smacked me down a couple of times early on and we are long time friends.
    Que smacked me after I was a Mod for pics. Yes I screwed up.

If you all could read some if the reply's we get from alleged grown up people. Call us names and belittle the site they have been using to buy/sell for free since it was started and never add to the site. Petulant children in adult meat suits. So if I or another staffer may come off a bit short we may have had a day full of those people. And it does bleed over.

Just do your best to stay inside the rules. If I see an issue and you have never had a warning/infraction I will PM you to fix it so as not to give out an award for not following the very simple rules package we have. You people are really in a great place compared to other sights and their rules.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Robby mac smacked me down a couple of times early on and we are long time friends.
    Que smacked me after I was a Mod for pics. Yes I screwed up.

If you all could read some if the reply's we get from alleged grown up people. Call us names and belittle the site they have been using to buy/sell for free since it was started and never add to the site. Petulant children in adult meat suits. So if I or another staffer may come off a bit short we may have had a day full of those people. And it does bleed over.

Just do your best to stay inside the rules. If I see an issue and you have never had a warning/infraction I will PM you to fix it so as not to give out an award for not following the very simple rules package we have. You people are really in a great place compared to other sights and their rules.

Did you tell Que it takes like 2 weeks after you mail off the pictures and you still had four pictures left on the roll? :laugh: Crap, I remember those days too :oldwise:

I don't do stuff in the Classies often. When I do, I usually do something wrong. No Mod has ever came by and broken my porch light. No Mod has ever mailed me a badger. I have one infraction and it did not lead to finding my car in White River (East or West Fork).

I got a PM concerning a non-classifieds faux-pas (copy/pasted the entire news story top to bottom instead of hitting the highlights and the link.) It was a Mod not named ChurchMouse (CM was trying to remember this, so I threw him a lifeline :laugh: ) The Mod and I had a good exchange. That was the LA County Sheriff's Deputies being shot in their vehicle news story. That one really bothered me (hence the top to bottom copy/paste vice the approved select highlights and link method.)

One thing to keep in mind: this is the first interaction you've had with a Mod that day. It's probably #27 or #35 for them. Also, a lot is lost when you're not communicating F2F.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Did you tell Que it takes like 2 weeks after you mail off the pictures and you still had four pictures left on the roll? :laugh: Crap, I remember those days too :oldwise:

I don't do stuff in the Classies often. When I do, I usually do something wrong. No Mod has ever came by and broken my porch light. No Mod has ever mailed me a badger. I have one infraction and it did not lead to finding my car in White River (East or West Fork).

I got a PM concerning a non-classifieds faux-pas (copy/pasted the entire news story top to bottom instead of hitting the highlights and the link.) It was a Mod not named ChurchMouse (CM was trying to remember this, so I threw him a lifeline :laugh: ) The Mod and I had a good exchange. That was the LA County Sheriff's Deputies being shot in their vehicle news story. That one really bothered me (hence the top to bottom copy/paste vice the approved select highlights and link method.)

One thing to keep in mind: this is the first interaction you've had with a Mod that day. It's probably #27 or #35 for them. Also, a lot is lost when you're not communicating F2F.

Yeah. Pretty much the same reason I try not to get into shouting arguments with cops on the side of the road...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This aint that hard peoples.

Yeah, it seems super simple unless the ad poster's inbox is full or something

The poster in the classies has a readily visible return address. If you have a question, PM them. If they want to answer just you, they'll PM you back

If you raise a point that leads them to believe the new information should be included in the ad, they will answer you by editing the ad; so don't forget to check there for an answer to a question also

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

STOP! Don't touch me there....this is my no no square!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Apparently telling someone to stop bumping an archaic (6 months old) ad is against the law of you’re not a moderator. @bigtanker gave me a +1 pee pee slap infraction last week.

I won’t be here very much longer I don’t think.

Rules are for fools.

Ready on the right! Ready on the left! All ready on the firing line.......

Top Bottom