• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I love the vibra-prime. I don't use the adapters they they provide, just use the primer tube into the vibra-prime, works great. I like to load a 1,000'rounds at a time, so I like to have 10 tubes filled and ready to go.

I love the vibra-prime as well and have been using one for a couple years now. I also have ten of the primer tubes of each size. I always run my loads in groups of 1,000 so I'm all set when the primer tubes are loaded. I can do 10 tubes in about 10 minutes. I have noticed that some of the primers like Winchester and Federal have a curve to them and will sometimes get hung up during the tube filling process. I'm a CCI primer user so it works great on them. It reminds me of the video game centipede watching them follow each other to the tubes.

I did get a Mr Bullet feeder to go along with the case feeder that makes the 650 zoom but you have to visually inspect each case since you lose one spot in the tool head and can longer use the Powder check system when running the bullet feeder. It does free you up to watch other things as well instead of picking up a bullet from the tray. I check the powder in the case and make sure that a case is dropping down like it should. Empty spots at station one causes the primers to fill the tray when a spot is missed :xmad:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was wondering if the vibra-prime was any good. BTW how many primer tubes do you recommend I have on hand? Due to the cost of the press, I did not pick up any extras.
    There is a little learning curve to get the technique down on the Vibra-Prime. You can get extra filler tubes for the Vibra-Prime or you can (with learning how) use the Dillon fill tubes directly with the Vibra-Prime. I think I have 5 fill tubes, but the more the better.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I bought the lighting kit from Inline and its great. It really takes the strain off of your eyes.

What calibers are you going to load?

I bought the press in 45 ACP and plan on (as funds allow) get conversion kits for 9mm, 357 mag, 223, and 10mm (when I get a 10mm firearm). I do not plan on loading 308 on the 650 - I will continue doing those on a single stage press.

Steelworker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Allen County
    Check out thegunwiki.com Dillon Press Caliber conversion finder. For example your press is 45acp, to add .308 you only have to buy three parts: sku 13541 a Black casefeed adapter, sku 13661 a White casefeeder arm, sku 13587 Powder funnel "B" These parts from Dillon add up to 43.80 which is cheaper than a whole new kit @ 77.95

You will love that machine. Its awesome.

Also, to change over from one size of primer to the other is not a big deal like a lot of guys say it is. Adds a few extra mins to a changeover and thats about it.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    For my 650, I ended up going the light weight spring/low mass detent ball mod.
    Makes a big difference when loading pistol cases. Keeps power from jumping out.

Get the tool bracket and Dillon tools. Very handy!

I also modded the spent primer system. I removed the cup and bracket and drilled the primer pocket out of a 7.62x54R brass case (works best because it has a lipped case. 30-30 might work too, but not sure)
    I then took a larger drill bit and drilled out the base all the way out to the case wall (or close).
    I put the brass case in my vice and squeezed it a little so it would fit in to the slot of the spent primer cup bracket.
    Remounted the bracket/brass case to the press and stuck on a piece of 3/8 hose to the brass case, and stuck the other end of the hose into an empty gallon water jug.
    Takes a little adjusting and aligning to get it right, but it works perfect.

001.JPG 002.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom