• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I just finished my First precision AR (finished product pics added)

Its actually not my first, but the first one I built I didnt like, so hopfully this is the first I will use.

It has a gessele trigger
    18 inch loki double flutted 1-8 barrel
    seekins upper
    no name stock (eventually ill probably do a prs)
    I think I used a Rock River lower, but its one Ive had laying around for years so Im not certain.
    YHM handguard (I wanted another Todd Jarret, but This is what I found in stock)
    Ergo grip
    YHM QD suppressor mount/flasshider (not in pics)

For Optics im going to move my Vortex PST 4-16 ffp over to this so I can put the new 2.5-10 FFP on my rimfire. It will get a American Defense cantilever mount.
    IMAG0338_zpsfbccbf2f.jpg

IMAG0339_zpsa8db94f6.jpg

To be honest I basically put this together because I messed with a geissele trigger and none of my current ar's warranted a trigger like that.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Very nice!! How do you like the geissele trigger? I like to put one in my current build

Incredible. Before I had only messed with 1 two stage trigger. I was not impressed, I don't know if it was out of adjustment or what, but the wall between stage 1 and 2 was mushy and inconsistent. Then a month or so ago I shot kimballs (bobcat steel) ar with a geissele national match in it. The wall was much more pronounced. It was nice enough to make me build a rifle

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    77gr Nosler CC to mag length and 23.5-23.8gr 8208XBR; over 223 Rem max by a half grain but safe in a Wylde or 5.56 chamber.

I say put the 2.5-10x FFP on the AR to complete the SPRgery...

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Right on I might start my quest for geissele trigger.. All the reviews for geissles have all been positive. So thank you on the info.. Your setup would be BadA** with the PRS stock. That's what I have on my varmint Ar and love it...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Very interested to read what this rig is capable of on the range! :yesway:

I'm going to try and go against my grain on this one and not be overly picky about ammo consistancy and accuracy. I'm loading 77gr smk's and as long as I have some speed and sub 1.5 moa groups load a bunch and be done. If I can follow through with that plan is yet to be seen

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Very close to what my plans are for a 6.5 build. Thinking about the MI, vtac, or troy rail in 15" to cover the low pro block, 20-22" barrel with an AR Gold trigger.

:drool:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    You have great taste! While mine was not set up to be a precision AR, it is quite similar to yours. Even down to the Geissele Trigger, and the handguard. I put the SSA-E in this rifle, and have another in the works (lower complete, looking for an upper) with the S3G in it. I absolutely love the Geissele triggers, the break on them is so crisp and clean. I look forward to the range report.

picture.php

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Which Geissele did you get? There's several to pick from. I've got an SDE in one of mine. There's no creep at all in that trigger.

Top Bottom