• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    In '96 I enlisted into the United States Marine Corps Reserve, and it was the best thing I have done besides becoming a father. In 2005 I got out for a number of reasons but have always regreted it. Oh, btw after i returned home from my MOS school I landed a factory job as a welder and have been wasting away ever since. Well I have recently had the opportunity to "get" a new full time job and was selected:rockwoot:which is fantastic! BUT, I will be in the Indiana Air National Guard on active duty. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT job, actually it's a great opportunity,it's just alittle hard for me to say because I will always be a MARINE! :drill:But I can say it feels good to be wearing camo to work again. I'll report more on it later, if I can, but I can say I'll be apart of the 181st intelligence wing, any other flyboys on here?
    Semper Fi :patriot:

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So you crossed into the blue? Or is that navy?
    You decided to "Aim High(er)"

Okay, enough of that congrats on the opportunity.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thank you for your service! :patriot:

I served 4 years with the 181st at Hulman Field back when they were TAC and had F-4's. My father was part of that unit as a full timer (civil servant) as a crew chief for 33 years there and my brother--who is currently in the ANG over by St. Louis--served at the 181st as well.

I wish you the very best.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Congrats on the new gig! I'm glad that you felt the need to continue to serve, but from one Marine to another... How could you do this? ;)

I know a lot of guys that have went on to other services and they seem to like it. Maybe I'm just old school, after 16 years now, I just don't know how I could look at myself in the mirror wearing any other uniform. I mean, I suppose I could, but then I'd have to make fun of myself! :laugh6:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    In '96 I enlisted into the United States Marine Corps Reserve, and it was the best thing I have done besides becoming a father. In 2005 I got out for a number of reasons but have always regreted it. Oh, btw after i returned home from my MOS school I landed a factory job as a welder and have been wasting away ever since. Well I have recently had the opportunity to "get" a new full time job and was selected:rockwoot:which is fantastic! BUT, I will be in the Indiana Air National Guard on active duty. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT job, actually it's a great opportunity,it's just alittle hard for me to say because I will always be a MARINE! :drill:But I can say it feels good to be wearing camo to work again. I'll report more on it later, if I can, but I can say I'll be apart of the 181st intelligence wing, any other flyboys on here?

Forgot to say thanks.

I have a daughter in the Army, her husband is in the Marines. She went to LSU and he went to Ole Miss. It makes for some interesting weekends.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    What are the entry reqs for the 181st? I looked into that myself.

I don't think I could pass basic training though.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My brother did the same thing. Couple hitches in the Corps and then retired Air Guard. He still wears Marine covers. ;)
    Thanks for doing what you're doing. :yesway:

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    JB, I just found this old post of yours....

From someone that worked for you for many years, I continue to have a deep respect in all that you do. You may not have U.S. MARINES above your left breast pocket, but it's certainly ingrained into your character. I'm proud to call you brother no matter what uniform you wear to work.

Top Bottom