I Know How Everyone Likes a Good Armslist Ad...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I'm sure someone out there will buy it for $600. It might end up being used in a few felonies afterwards though.

Kind of what I thought. Ignorant gun owner selling a Glock in Broad Ripple...I'm sure there are plenty of dealers running around with an extra $600 to blow smh. (For those that aren't from Indy, parts of Broad Ripple are actually pretty rough)

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    LOL, Cracks me up when gunners use Hollywood movie jargon to sound like they can speak "shop"! Handle is just plain funny but "clips" for magazines is a dead give-a-way that he is a newbie or worse yet a know-it-all that doesn't know diddly.

leakywaders

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    highland ind
    Some of you guys sound like the jerk cool kids i knew in highschool that would make fun of people that were different or didnt have the cool stuff its like a 40 year flashback!
    At least he has a Glock to sell I dont !

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Really?? I've lived in Indy for the last 7 years and haven't seen any part of Broadripple I'd consider "rough".

Im going to assume you live around the Broad Ripple village section, which isn't bad. If you look at it as a school district, the south end is definitely rough. The southwestern corner and the area around Butler's campus is gang territory. Jump east across meridian and you have Brightwood. You also have Haughville just south/southwest of the bottom of the district.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Based on those ads, a Glock that hasn't been jacked with must be worth $1000. If it includes enough clips, that is.

On a serious note... While I'm not in favor of background checks for private sales, as it won't really solve any problems, do ads like this give "ammunition" to those who are? I wonder if anyone in LE tries to track down the seller and/or buyer for these types of ads, since I can't imagine anyone paying that kind of money if they are able to pass a 4473. Seems like it would be an easy way to catch people making illegal sales. Or, maybe these ads are trolling for illegal buyers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I do like that handle. One of the nicer handles, I think. And the clips appear to be in great shape. Very nice handle and clips, I'd say.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Based on those ads, a Glock that hasn't been jacked with must be worth $1000. If it includes enough clips, that is.

On a serious note... While I'm not in favor of background checks for private sales, as it won't really solve any problems, do ads like this give "ammunition" to those who are? I wonder if anyone in LE tries to track down the seller and/or buyer for these types of ads, since I can't imagine anyone paying that kind of money if they are able to pass a 4473. Seems like it would be an easy way to catch people making illegal sales. Or, maybe these ads are trolling for illegal buyers.

Is that how Don's guns makes its sales (i.e. all straw purchase) or do ignorant people just pay too much for things?

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Haughville is not close to Broad Ripple.

Haughville is bounded by 10th street to the north and Broad Ripple is bounded by what, 38th to the south? I'd consider Haughville as being just southwest, especially when you're in a car and see how short of a drive it is. Regardless of what you consider close, the point is that this gun has a good possibility of ending up in the wrong hands. It's not like the area between Broad Ripple and Haughville is affluent either.

Top Bottom