• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I recently picked up 2 new Colt 1911's... a Wiley Clapp commander and the newest of the bunch a Two Tone full sized rail gun.

Now I know the Wiley Clapp was "finished" outside but the rail gun is all Colt. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the gun overall. I have several models of Colt 1911's from standard model series 80's to a Gold cup...I also have SA's, Kimbers and a Les Baer.

This new rail gun is as tight and well fitting as any 1911 I own. The fit and finish is perfect and I really like the built in rail...better sights than most Colts usually come with too, ambi safety real wood grips...the whole 9 yards

I just wanted to comment on what looks like good things coming out of Colt...:rockwoot:

And before someone says it...I don't have a digital camera.(too old fashioned):n00b:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I know, no camera but.... but I love Gunny Ermy:

Gunny.jpg

Very nice, its hard to imagine Wiley Clapp getting his ham hocks around a commander sized 1911..... ;)

snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Both nice purchaces*** but I realy like that Wiley Clapp commander. I've been eyeballing that one for a bit. I just can't seem to drop the hammer for it. It's a little pricey. My local shop had it for around $1300 and change. Post a review on how it shoots. That may help me to put a pry bar in my wallet and buy the thing.

By the way, find a friend with a digital camera so we can see some pics!!!!!!!!!!

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I put about 50 rounds throught the Wiley...dead nuts on and shot like a dream,,both it and the rail gun have national match barrels.

I am tempted to carry the Wiley because it fits so good but I hate the thought of marking it up with holster wear...I picked mine up in the $1150 range....so get out the crow bar you will love it.:draw:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I carry a WC Commander, not carrying that gun is a crime, dont worry about finish. Sheesh.

Its MADE for carry.

Top Bottom