• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting this is the lead thread in TK's weekly update. It seems to work. It got montanamag to post after 5 years. Congrats TK.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    I haven't been on this website for years. So when this post came up on my e-mail, it got my attention.

I doubt if the guy was just messing with you, he probably did not even have a gun. I now have a concealed carry license in Florida.

I really would have to agree with other posters that open carry just causes trouble for the licensee.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    When I see anyone foolish enough to open carry, one can be certain they will be jacked with.

I haven't been on this website for years. So when this post came up on my e-mail, it got my attention.

I doubt if the guy was just messing with you, he probably did not even have a gun. I now have a concealed carry license in Florida.

I really would have to agree with other posters that open carry just causes trouble for the licensee.

Not to mention being the first one shot, losing the "element of surprise", being thrown out of a variety of businesses, parks, etc., scaring the hell out of little old ladies and being looked down upon by Fudds.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Doc - when did you get to meet the Queen of England???

gdWBjXJ.png

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Ya butt howz everbody gunna know I have a gun then?
    I generally do one of two things. I either walk around shouting, “I have a gun!”, or I take it out and wave it around from time to time. I’ve found it’s much safer and less troublesome to CC like this rather than OC.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It’s easy to conceal but still let everyone know you have a gun—they make badges for that!

Yes, I meant delivering laughter. This is one of the best threads in recent memory.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Should've told him your other gun is a Glock 7, it's made out of porcelain and costs more than[FONT=&amp] the Dulles International Airport police chief[/FONT][FONT=&amp] makes in a month. [/FONT]

montanamag

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    NWI
    Why am I not surprised that I was mocked on this forum....rhetorical question, no answer needed. I dont use most forms of social media for this very reason. I would think that people who are passionate about a subject would be happy to share info rather than attempting to make the person who asked the question feel stupid....which, btw, I dont because Im old enough to not give a **** when condescending people choose to show their insecurities by mocking others. Feel free to remove me from this group as this will be the last time I ask anything. Ill continue to learn from the REAL MEN in my life...my dad and my brother.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Here comes the dumb question but why is calling it a Glock 1911 wrong? Just semantics? Personally I called mine a "Glock 19" but not because I'm expert or anything. I also call "magazines" "clips" and was told on a facebook forum that clips were for my hair not firearms....lol. My dad is a 20 year retired veteran and my brother is old army vet and they both call them clips rather than mags. Anyyyyyway.....just wondering about the glock thing.

Why am I not surprised that I was mocked on this forum....rhetorical question, no answer needed. I dont use most forms of social media for this very reason. I would think that people who are passionate about a subject would be happy to share info rather than attempting to make the person who asked the question feel stupid....which, btw, I dont because Im old enough to not give a **** when condescending people choose to show their insecurities by mocking others. Feel free to remove me from this group as this will be the last time I ask anything. Ill continue to learn from the REAL MEN in my life...my dad and my brother.

A Glock 19 is a real thing. A Glock 1911, however, is not.

It's like a Porsche 911 is a thing, however a Porsche 9119 is not.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Men rib each other...Been going on since the dawn of time...No one was mocking you, they were ribbing you as in days of old....Churchmouse and I get ribbed on our age...BBI ribs me because he can....I get mocked all of the time because I carry a revolver....When you talk to your dad and brother ask them about the ribbing that goes on between folks who share a similar passion.....Ask your father, the 20 year veteran, about the ribbing he gave and endured during his time in the service....

The ONLY person in the world that has the power to make you feel stupid is the man in the mirror...Never let any one else's opinion or words make you think less of yourself......

IMHO and good luck.....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I went back a few pages. I didn't see much mocking.
    There was much worse mocking at my parents house at Christmas.

Looks like people were just trying to explain.
    Saying a "Glock 1911" is like trying to say a "Chevy Mustang".

montanamag

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    NWI
    I know how men are and I dont have a problem with them ..... 95% of my friends are men. Id have few people to ride, shoot, climb with, etc. if I didnt. Guess I was just wanting a simple answer to my questions. No big deal. Cant ride, shoot or climb today so am a bit agitated. . . Time to go to the gym! Happy New Year to all my testosterone laden co-patriots out there

7061E727-4F5D-4180-9577-91274E4D24C9.jpeg

Top Bottom