• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe at the start of the opening hearing in the Senate, McConnell should play video of comments from all the democrats still in the House from the Clinton impeachment. America will be watching. That'd be a hoot.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Maybe at the start of the opening hearing in the Senate, McConnell should play video of comments from all the democrats still in the House from the Clinton impeachment. America will be watching. That'd be a hoot.

Followed immediately by a motion to dismiss, with prejudice. Ram it through, 51-49, then sit back and watch the heads explode, one after another. Man, I'm getting a tingle up my leg just dreaming about it.

p.s.: Does the VP still get a tie-breaking vote?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I dare McConnell to flip his middle finger at the House Managers. Maybe moon them. Call them **********s.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Followed immediately by a motion to dismiss, with prejudice. Ram it through, 51-49, then sit back and watch the heads explode, one after another. Man, I'm getting a tingle up my leg just dreaming about it.

What's with all the periods?

Anyway, if it comes to a tie, impeachment fails. Gotta be 2/3s.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I think I read somewhere that the VP does'nt get to vote in an impeachment trial. If I'm remembering correctly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It looks like little specks on my screen. ****ing with my OCD.

BTW, not even Harry "Palms" Reid could **** with this 2/3s majority thing. It's not just a Senate rule, it's codified in the constitution.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    This thing goes on and on. Nancy keeps giving more and more drunken soundbytes, until one day she goes full zombie, strips, and destroys the lecture, while the press corps ralphs all over each other.... It's gonna happen!!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The 2/3 rule means 20 Republican senators would have to flip. Ain't gonna happen.

I wish I could feel confident that you were right but I don't. God only knows the kind of offers, money and/or arrangements are being made behind closed doors to get the required number of votes. 98% of the establishment in DC hates Trump, they all benefit if he gets thrown out of office. I don't think it would take that much to convince some of them to jump the fence on this one.

If that scenario were to happen I don't know that this country would look the same a year from now. The moron voted to run the state of Virginia seems to have no problem striking a spark. If he succeeds and things turn ugly and Trump gets ousted from office we may likely find ourselves in a very interesting time.

Top Bottom