• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Last PT I saw from a private seller was a PT CC tanto with a full flat grind for $375 in used condition. I want one, but looking for the Plain Jane variety.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Hows the detent on your Wharny?

I had one of the first ones that Rick released at Blade back in 2015 (I believe), beep beep lotto win (that my phone never went off on), and it was kinda weak

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’d say it’s right where it should be. My only issue (although minor) is that it doesn’t really flip without a fair bit of wrist movement.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hows the detent on your Wharny?

I had one of the first ones that Rick released at Blade back in 2015 (I believe), beep beep lotto win (that my phone never went off on), and it was kinda weak

Hinderer has made great improvements on the detent here in the last year. Also, the tri-way pivot system helps the flipping.....all tri-way pivot models come with a balling bearing installed, and you get teflon washers, and phosphor bronze washers if you want to change to either one of those. The new tri-way models do not require any wrist flick to open.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hinderer has made great improvements on the detent here in the last year. Also, the tri-way pivot system helps the flipping.....all tri-way pivot models come with a balling bearing installed, and you get teflon washers, and phosphor bronze washers if you want to change to either one of those. The new tri-way models do not require any wrist flick to open.

Balling bearing? Just point me N by NW.:rockwoot:

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Got to offer my condolences. Losing such a thing, regardless of the inanament nature is tough when attached for so long.
    Lost my para3 for almost a week. Began interrogating every one I felt could have been a suspect, only to find it wedged in a blind spot under my recliner. Frekin Paranoia check

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I’d say it’s right where it should be. My only issue (although minor) is that it doesn’t really flip without a fair bit of wrist movement.

I kinda had the same problem. 3" with a wharncliff grind the blade just didn't have enough weight to really launch out with any authority

The past couple new gens I've handled have all been way better and much more consistent

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Top Bottom