• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Shorten the slide for comfort, shorten the grip to conceal.

Not knocking the OP’s creation at all. It’s definitely cool but I don’t worry much about concealment now days.

Another good point Tim. Being practiced and able to engage a target quickly and accurately is much more important than how well it conceals.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Another advantage of the shorter slide is that it takes less shoulder motion to draw. That little bit extra that a full length slide needs lifted might make a big difference if your ability to lift the shoulder is compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And shorter slide means quicker recoils. Less time to move such a small slide back and forth.
    That means you can shoot it faster.... like a machine gun. :shoot:

....wait....

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Another advantage of the shorter slide is that it takes less shoulder motion to draw. That little bit extra that a full length slide needs lifted might make a big difference if your ability to lift the shoulder is compromised.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You sound like a man that speaks from experience. :draw:That's the problem with some opinions offered here. No experience:laugh:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    #1 commander style guns have been around a long time and at no time have I seen more threads made complaining about them until the 19x

This. People just like to make fun of Glock. It's not easy being the gun all others are compared to. The standard 19 is fine for me since my hands are pretty small. I can just run a 17 magazine in it if I want (I carry them for spares anyway).

However, I'll never understand slide cuts. Unless it's ported for some reason, I don't want more holes in my slide.

mrrogers91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    That’s a really good looking gun man. I used to carry a g19 then switched to the g26 for concealement purposes. This really is the glock they should be manufacturing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glock brings its ridicule on itself with that damned tag line of ‘Perfection’. To that, add the ridiculous nature of the true Glock fanboy that not only believes that silly tag line, but espouses it in any forum they can. How many times have we seen the typical one word response to the honest question of “I’m new to guns and want a handgun for X use. What should I get?”. The idiot fanboy will reply with one word, knowing nothing of the users needs, capabilities or experience. That has to be irritating to every person that has the desire to help a new shooter.

Now, I say this as a big fan of the Glock line. I have one on my hip as I type this. There are 6 more in the safe. If the tag line had been ‘Pursuing Perfection’, they would not have near the ridicule that they get from the anti-Glock crowd.

Glock makes a damned fine pistol. They also are a cheap, molded plastic pistol full of stamped steel parts built to a price point, but the things tend to do the job they were designed for exceptionally well if they fit your hand. If they don’t fit your hand, you can take a dremel to them to help out with that too.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Glock brings its ridicule on itself with that damned tag line of ‘Perfection’. To that, add the ridiculous nature of the true Glock fanboy that not only believes that silly tag line, but espouses it in any forum they can. How many times have we seen the typical one word response to the honest question of “I’m new to guns and want a handgun for X use. What should I get?”. The idiot fanboy will reply with one word, knowing nothing of the users needs, capabilities or experience. That has to be irritating to every person that has the desire to help a new shooter.

Now, I say this as a big fan of the Glock line. I have one on my hip as I type this. There are 6 more in the safe. If the tag line had been ‘Pursuing Perfection’, they would not have near the ridicule that they get from the anti-Glock crowd.

Glock makes a damned fine pistol. They also are a cheap, molded plastic pistol full of stamped steel parts built to a price point, but the things tend to do the job they were designed for exceptionally well if they fit your hand. If they don’t fit your hand, you can take a dremel to them to help out with that too.

I've been through a lot of handguns in the past 11 years, and I can say without a doubt glock is almost always my one word answer to what pistol should I buy. Not from fanboyism, but from experience watching new shooters struggle with more complex handguns. What is a good carry gun, glock in 9mm choose your flavor, what is a good survival/hunting pistol glock in 10mm choose your flavor, what is a good competition pistol to start with, glock choose your power factor, who makes a reliable pistol for plinking, glock, I want a pistol I can put a red dot on, glock mos... I can answer glock without any ifs, ands, or buts. They are a perfect pistol out of the box for just about anything you want to do with a pistol, if you get deeper into the scene you have free reign to customize it a million different ways. User needs only vary the caliber, user experience is irrelevant because glock is one of the easiest pistols to learn as well as being able to hang with the experts at the highest levels of competition.

Fitting your hand is a cop out for poor form 99 percent of the time. I've taken a lot of "glocks don't fit my hand" people and watched them shoot one of my stock ones real crappy, then watched them shoot their 1911 real crappy. It's bad user form every time.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like Glocks because you just draw and squeeze in a safe package eliminating the step of taking off the safety. I also like a lot of other guns. Glock is definitely the go to for getting the lead out quick without a safety and the benefit of a light trigger. Trigger is nice but I prefer a very short reset for faster follow up shots. I see Glock as a tool that just needs a little refinement. I never been a fan of the glitter glocks or open slides or anything unnecessary. You have actually put some thought into yours so nice job.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Great build sir looks awesome.......everyone on here is saying the same thing though make a g26 slide on a 19 frame I've been doing a ton of research about how to do this and not having much luck I do not want a grip sleeve I want a full frame I was thinking of doing a polymer 80 build of a 19 and trying to cut it down to accept a 26 slide but kinda hesitant and If I built something like that I would defenently want to EDC it which sounds like it's frowned upon

Recoil Gun Works has stripped lowers for $50.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been through a lot of handguns in the past 11 years, and I can say without a doubt glock is almost always my one word answer to what pistol should I buy. Not from fanboyism, but from experience watching new shooters struggle with more complex handguns. What is a good carry gun, glock in 9mm choose your flavor, what is a good survival/hunting pistol glock in 10mm choose your flavor, what is a good competition pistol to start with, glock choose your power factor, who makes a reliable pistol for plinking, glock, I want a pistol I can put a red dot on, glock mos... I can answer glock without any ifs, ands, or buts. They are a perfect pistol out of the box for just about anything you want to do with a pistol, if you get deeper into the scene you have free reign to customize it a million different ways. User needs only vary the caliber, user experience is irrelevant because glock is one of the easiest pistols to learn as well as being able to hang with the experts at the highest levels of competition.

One word answers are fine when you are picking a handgun for yourself. You know what you want and need. I'm talking about prescriptive advice to a newbie without understanding the context of the question. For instance, I shoot a G23 and G30 just fine. I don't shoot the G19 well though. I bought two and tried to commit to them but they didn't work for me. Now, a CZ P10C works really well for me. A new shooter won't know what works and what does not if they only try one gun. I'll probably give a G45 a try one of these days to see if the commander format works better.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to derail the thread. Just commenting on the idea of how people like to Glock-bash.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    I get that you are frustrated with Glock for not offering a whole new model with a longer slide and shorter grip, but Glock is catering to the LE community that makes up the majority of its sales. To me a long barrel and short grip looks goofy.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I get that you are frustrated with Glock for not offering a whole new model with a longer slide and shorter grip, but Glock is catering to the LE community that makes up the majority of its sales. To me a long barrel and short grip looks goofy.

Not really frustrated with Glock since, as you can see, it is possible to make about any configuration of franken-Glock you want. However, I am questioning your statement that LEO makes up the majority of Glock sales. There are +/- 850,000 LEO in the USA. About 65% carry Glocks. That means there are 552,500 LEO who use Glock. What percentage of those buy a new Glock each year? 25%? That means only 138,125 Glocks sold to LEO each year. Glock sells +/- 1,000,000 per year. Let's say 1/2 of those are sold in the US. That would mean that only 28% of Glocks US sales are to LEO.

They should listen more to us civilians :)

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What is the point of having a shorter grip if you are just going to lengthen it again by adding a magazine extension?

^^^THIS^^^

People like what they like but I find it funny that a lot of folks that want a smaller G19 or smaller grip want to run 19-21 round mags in it. I also found it funny people lost their mind on the 19x. Apparently they did not k ow the popularity of the Colt Combat Commander.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What is the point of having a shorter grip if you are just going to lengthen it again by adding a magazine extension?

I know I have smaller hands and the subcompact frame with the OEM +2 'pinky' extension just fits better in my grip...I would love one of these, but without all the cuts-n-stuff!
    I'd rather have a black or gray frame and a stainless slide and barrel!
    OP...it's very nice though!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I did a 19XL (19frame with a 34 slide) and the balance while shooting is great. I put it together for my wife but love to shoot it too.

I also used the Lone Wolf adapter, great product!

View attachment 75798

I do like longer barrels, especially in the lighter calibers...
    I considered getting a G-34 and doing a grip chop...
    But the combination with the G-19 frame looks great...
    I've been wanting to do a Polymer-80 build...hmmm?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I think it has more to do with the hump on the back of a 26. Some people just like that better then the 19 grip.

http://armspost.com/glock-9mm-pistol-comparison/

That's a great comparison and it helps too....
    The small 'hump' on the Glock 26 does feel/fit better in my (slightly) smaller hands...
    I prefer the feel of a subcompact with a compact mag and mag spacer over a compact-sized frame.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I thought this thread was going to be about this Glock......

IeMeq5J.jpg

Ha Ha...I'd take one of those...that'd be my ideal 'Glock' at the Range Day!

Top Bottom