• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I carry a standard size (4") xd40 for EDC. Well yesterday we were on the way out the door in a hurry so i grabbed up the wifes Taurus PT111 in an Unkle Mikes clip on holster so i would have SOMETHING.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

Now i want something smaller for EDC.:rolleyes::D

Will it ever end????

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    No, it never ends. The search for the perfect gun is long and fun.

My primary carry weapon is a Glock 20 or 29 depending (the 29 sits in the fanny pack).

I wanted something more than the KelTec .32acp I used as a pocket gun so I joined the dark side and got a Walther PPS in .40 (the dark side meaning .40 cal) after Glock once again failed to introduce a single stack compact 10mm. The Walther has turned out to be the gun I carry most on my hip since I can conceal it in an OWB holster, so the Glock 20 has been mostly been my woods gun and the 29 rides in the car in its fanny pack. I think over the 19 years I've carried a gun, I've had about twenty different EDC guns, with the G29 being my favorite overall (15+ years I think).

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nope, it wont. I used to carry my full size m&p EDC until I purchased a S&W 908 (single stack 8rd) compaded to the 17 + 1 in the M&P....so different I hardly carry the M&P for conceal carry anymore....

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I used to carry a Kel Tec P-11; comfortable, but I knew it was there. Just started carry a new Taurus .380. Sometimes I forget I have it!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know the exact number of motorcycles I would like to have, but the number of guns??? I'm not sure when the search for the next one will end.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Of all the guns I have owned and carried for PD, I keep going back to my Ruger SP101 in .357mag with the Meprolight Front NS and the Badger Boot Grip...it's small, medium weight (29 oz, loaded) but very accurate, and with Hornady's 158 JHP's, it packs more than sufficient punch! I usually just grab a speed-loader (5-rounds) or an ammo-wallet (18 rounds), throw that in my other pocket, or back pocket, and I'm good to go. :yesway:

I've carried it IWB, OWB, Cross-Draw, Ankle Holster, front pocket, Belt Pouch, leg pocket, coat pocket, etc (you get the picture). I've had it since Christmas 1994 and it's been my favorite PD gun ever (even a few of my friends have drank the Ruger kool-aid and followed me down the SP101 path.) :D

I've had four (4) Glocks, two (2) Bersa's, along with four (4) other Ruger Revolvers, that I've carried, and I always go back to what I'm most comfortable with! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    A never ending tale... there's always a newer, better carry gun. Here is my history of primary carry guns, not to say that I don't occaisionally carry something else or one from the past.

1st - Browning HiPower 9mm
    2nd - Charter Arms Undercover .38
    3rd - Charter Arms Police Undercover .38
    4th - Astra A75 .40
    5th - CZ100 .40
    Current - Kahr K40 .40
    Future - ??????

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    it never ends
    it is like some kind of sickness and the only cure is one more for now
    next you will start making up excuses after that you will start hiding them so no one knows how many you got LOL :rockwoot:

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Yep, just when you think you've got the perfect carry piece something else comes along. I've went from a 45acp smith, to a 9mm, to a 38spcl. snubby. Currently I like the small lightweight 38 revolver, but I'm sure that will change soon!!:D

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, I suspect it never ends. I have the M&P 45 and 45c for EDC. Then I got a SW 1911PD for EDC, They I got a Kimber Ultra II. Who knows what is next.

But, always nice to have options.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    NOPE! I carried from 1911, to keltec .380, to trying revolver, .38 special, taurus pt911, makarov, glock 26, then 19, then 17...

NEVER ENDS! :-)

Currently, my g17 holds the ribbons.

Top Bottom