• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Met up with chocktaw2 (first member of ingo ive met in person so far) today for lunch at the west end in Decatur. Tried their tenderloin sandwhich and it was way better then the last one i had...It was great to meet you!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Met up with chocktaw2 (first member of ingo ive met in person so far) today for lunch at the west end in Decatur. Tried their tenderloin sandwhich and it was way better then the last one i had...It was great to meet you!

So you're gonna come on here and tell about this great tenderloin you had and not mention the name of the place?

Don't tease me bro. :bat:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Likewise Sir.:)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    West End is OK food. It's also funny that it's right in the center of town. Not on the West End at all. But I suspect that the name derives from something else entirely.

The Galley is pretty good food, too.

And Back 40 Junction is OK food made into "good" by the sheer amounts of it being offered.

Indiana Pancake House is also decent.

I've also heard good things about Nine Mile and Hoagland Pizza & Pub.

The pancake place / White Dove Cafe in Monroeville are good, too.

But if you want the best pizza almost ever - then get it from Eve's Chatt Bar in "Chattanooga", Ohio.

And a little further southeast is a really neat place called Brew Nation in Celina. Really cool place.

BUT - I think you can probably only get a breaded tenderloin at a few of those places.

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    West End is OK food. It's also funny that it's right in the center of town. Not on the West End at all. But I suspect that the name derives from something else entirely.

The Galley is pretty good food, too.

And Back 40 Junction is OK food made into "good" by the sheer amounts of it being offered.

Indiana Pancake House is also decent.

I've also heard good things about Nine Mile and Hoagland Pizza & Pub.

The pancake place / White Dove Cafe in Monroe are good, too.

But if you want the best pizza almost ever - then get it from Eve's Chatt Bar in "Chattanooga", Ohio.

And a little further southeast is a really neat place called Brew Nation in Celina. Really cool place.

BUT - I think you can probably only get a breaded tenderloin at a few of those places.

Jared.. it sounds like you have the lowdown on all the great places to eat on the east side of the state.. will have to head that way soon on the bike to try one . +the offer to stop by is still open.. Thanks. Tim

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sounds like you have the lowdown on all the great places to eat on the east side of the state.. will have to head that way soon on the bike to try one . +the offer to stop by is still open.. Thanks. Tim

I edited my post: Monroeville is the home of the White Dove Cafe - not Monroe.

And yes, in the last 9.5 years I've become WAY more familiar with the Decatur Metropolitan Area (HAH!) than I ever thought possible.

And if I ever know far enough in advance we're gonna be in your neck of the woods, I do plan on getting in touch with you about stopping by. My kids would love it!

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry guys...if I want good pizza I'll go back home...Midwest pizza just doesn't compare.

I'm from Eastern PA... You get both the Philly and NY influence for pizza.. out here it's either Chicago deep dish or spaghetti sauce on cardboard...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sorry guys...if I want good pizza I'll go back home...Midwest pizza just doesn't compare.

I'm from Eastern PA... You get both the Philly and NY influence for pizza.. out here it's either Chicago deep dish or spaghetti sauce on cardboard...

You've not had the deep-fried pizza from Chatt Bar, then...

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    im not saying they are bad... (and no i havent been to either of those places) but im an east coaster... we eat our pizza thin... with lots of cheese and if the grease doesnt run down your arm its no good hahaha

new-york-style.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    im not saying they are bad... (and no i havent been to either of those places) but im an east coaster... we eat our pizza thin... with lots of cheese and if the grease doesnt run down your arm its no good hahaha

View attachment 57197

Then you'll probably like Oley's double crust stuffed. It has a ton of cheese sandwiched between two thin crusts, not just on the outer crust like Pizza Hut but throughout the entire pizza. If it doesn't have enough grease for you, you can upsize to the Big Ten.

Top Bottom