• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    So I grabbed my bakery made French Wheat Bread and my Jiff All Natural Peanut Butter, so that I could have my usual bed time Peanutbutter and Honey sandwich, when I found a problem. *The bread has mold on it, it was just a little of the black nasty, but that is all it takes. **

Instead of throwing it out like my mother taught me many years ago, I made my sandwich and instead of milk poured a glass of Jameson with a titch of water. *Hopefully that will keep the death from getting me.*

There is now a definite possibility that I will be a zombie by dawn, or just dead. If that is the case then I don't have to work tomorrow which is an upside.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I prefer the fresh bread that can actually grow mold. The crap in a bag that has a shelf life of a month is what scares me. You will live longer eating that mold and washing it down with a good scotch than you will eating a fistful of chemically derived preservatives!:D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I prefer the fresh bread that can actually grow mold. The crap in a bag that has a shelf life of a month is what scares me. You will live longer eating that mold and washing it down with a good scotch than you will eating a fistful of chemically derived preservatives!:D

This:yesway:

We buy the fresh bread that will start growing mold within a couple of days..though we eat alot of bread so its usualy gone before it has a chance to mold. my wife and duaghter wont touch it once it starts gettins spots...I will,doesnt bother me a bit as long as it aint green and fuzzy all over:):

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I make my own bread and it seems to last much longer than store-bought bread.

I can normally get 2-3 weeks before my homemade bread begins to mold (dependent on weather & time of year).

Normally if I get to week number 2 and I have a lot of it left, I cut it and lay it out under a towel for a day to dry a bit. Then I make Croutons!!!!

As a matter of fact, I just made a big batch of croutons Saturday night...

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Don't eat that bread!
    From
    Molds On Food: Are They Dangerous?

What Are Molds?
    Molds are microscopic fungi that live on plant or animal matter. No one knows how many species of fungi exist, but estimates range from tens of thousands to perhaps 300,000 or more. Most are filamentous (threadlike) organisms and the production of spores is characteristic of fungi in general. These spores can be transported by air, water, or insects.

Unlike bacteria that are one-celled, molds are made of many cells and can sometimes be seen with the naked eye. Under a microscope, they look like skinny mushrooms. In many molds, the body consists of:
    • root threads that invade the food it lives on,
    • a stalk rising above the food, and
    • spores that form at the ends of the stalks.

The spores give mold the color you see. When airborne, the spores spread the mold from place to place like dandelion seeds blowing across a meadow.

Molds have branches and roots that are like very thin threads. The roots may be difficult to see when the mold is growing on food and may be very deep in the food. Foods that are moldy may also have invisible bacteria growing along with the mold.

Are Some Molds Dangerous?
    Yes, some molds cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. And a few molds, in the right conditions, produce "mycotoxins," poisonous substances that can make you sick.

Are Molds Only on the Surface of Food?
    No, you only see part of the mold on the surface of food -- gray fur on forgotten bologna, fuzzy green dots on bread, white dust on Cheddar, coin-size velvety circles on fruits, and furry growth on the surface of jellies. When a food shows heavy mold growth, "root" threads have invaded it deeply. In dangerous molds, poisonous substances are often contained in and around these threads. In some cases, toxins may have spread throughout the food.

What Are Mycotoxins?
    Mycotoxins are poisonous substances produced by certain molds found primarily in grain and nut crops, but are also known to be on celery, grape juice, apples, and other produce. There are many of them and scientists are continually discovering new ones. The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations estimates that 25% of the world's food crops are affected by mycotoxins, of which the most notorious are aflatoxins.

Highlighted by me.

More at the link.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anybody ever grab bread without checking to make a sandwich while you are in a hurry
    and munch it down only to discover half way through it has it's own naturally occurring cheese?

:puke:

Did he died?

Don't know.

Hey, does anyone know where the OP lives?
    If he is a zombie by now I want to test my shotty for zombie effectiveness. :ar15:

:):

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I would be seriously concerned with your habits of adding water to a perfectly good Irish Whiskey. Man you better get some help!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    oil of oregano is good for eliminating parasites - but if you have fungus growing in you you're pretty screwed. sorry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    oil of oregano is good for eliminating parasites - but if you have fungus growing in you you're pretty screwed. sorry.

vagisil-feminine-itch-product-totally-looks-like-valvoline-motor-oil.jpg

Know the difference! :):

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Alright guys, I made it through the night. This can only mean one of a few things; I am immortal, whiskey kills the zombie virus, or something else. I did sleep like the dead though.

And rheaht, If I want to add some water so that I can wash a sandwich down to my well whiskey I will. I think we are going to have to work on improving your taste for Irish Whiskey, you buy the middletons I will grab the whiskey stones.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well glad to see your still alive... My question is why would you want to eat mold?:dunno: Why take a chance on your health at all? :dunno: You are a risky guy for sure. I have never known for any kind or type of mold to be good for you period.

Top Bottom