• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Do something outrageous and end up in one of those hilarious "Floriduh" news stories?

Live it up. You're in the craziest state we have.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I understand it, I have a lifetime ltch but I live in Florida and it is no longer valid.

I need to notify my indiana of my new address.
    How do I do this?

Use the ares portal to do the update. This thread has the link, and also has an interesting discussion going on. It appears that our legislature failed to write an "exit clause". The law doesnt say you lose it when you move... just that you have to be a resident (or work here) when you apply, and update your address when you move.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...809-have-had-lifetime-permit-now-i-moved.html

Also see post 30 here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/321226-lifetime-ltch-moving-out-state.html

As to the legality, I'm not saying it is or isnt still valid, just that even without the specific verbiage, I'm not one to be a test case. Also, IANAL.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Indiana ltch wont work in fl. --1,3 & 5 apply below

1. While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealedfashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY; NOTWEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types ofweapons in these states.
    2. The State of VERMONT does not issue concealed weapon licenses, nor is such a licenserequired in order to carry a concealed firearm in VERMONT. This presents a problem forreciprocity with Florida. However, Section 790.015(1)(b), Florida Statutes, specifies an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealedweapon or firearm issued by that person's state of residence. Therefore, VERMONT residentscannot carry a concealed firearm in FLORIDA.
    3. Individuals qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states upon reaching 18 years ofage. HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or olderIS PROHIBITED from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.
    4. These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the license holder is alegal resident of the State of Florida.
    5. These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents.These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Ill be in the same boat, I am moving back to Florida next week. However, I will keep my IN license up to date with my new address and I will also renew my expired Fl CCW.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have been wondering for some time what the procedure is when a person from a State which does not issue a permit travels into a State which requires one. It makes no sense to me. How can they require you to hold a permit for a State that you are not a resident of?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have been wondering for some time what the procedure is when a person from a State which does not issue a permit travels into a State which requires one. It makes no sense to me. How can they require you to hold a permit for a State that you are not a resident of?

Simple. You're not required to hold a permit/license/whatever, unless you intend to carry off of your own property.
    (I'm guessing you mean the ones that for all practical purposes, do not issue, as, at least on paper, all of them issue something now.)

You're also not required to have a permit for a public gathering unless you intend to have one.
    You're not required to exercise any of your rights, you just have to meet certain conditions if you wish to. It is ultimately your choice.

You could also maintain a residence on paper in the old state until your new permit arrives.

For my own purposes, I simply won't move somewhere I can't carry.

Speaking of which, have you contacted your state representative and senator about supporting Constitutional Carry?

Blessings,
    Bill

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I think when I was young, Florida had open carry, now you can't even print.

You can print and have a exposed holster, you can even accidentally expose the weapon so long as you cover it up upon noticing it.

The weapon simply cannot be left exposed and it sounds as though that is soon to change for the better.

Florida changed the law regarding printing abd accidental exposer as people were being arrested for no reason.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You can also OC while hunting or fishing.

You can print and have a exposed holster, you can even accidentally expose the weapon so long as you cover it up upon noticing it.

The weapon simply cannot be left exposed and it sounds as though that is soon to change for the better.

Florida changed the law regarding printing abd accidental exposer as people were being arrested for no reason.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Glad to hear the printing laws going away. I looked into Florida residency a while back, it seems they honor your out of state permit for about 90 days while you apply for (and pay for) their Florida resident permit. Look up the law, but it seems you have a grace period they honor your IN LTCH while you are awaiting the Florida process. Also if you are a Military Veteran, you don't need the class and can just apply without all that red tape. Use your DD 214 for proof you were in the Military, and you are good to go without a shooting class, that includes non resident permits too.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    the problem legally is that while they recognize your permit for 90 days...if you are no longer a resident of indiana then you dont have an indiana permit

Sure you do, it doesn't become inactive just because you move, it is a Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun. Contact Indiana State Police with your new Florida address, and Indiana will change the address on your current LIFETIME LTCH to reflect your new address. If you like, they will send you a new one for $20 with your new Florida address on it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ​this is wrong because florida does not recognize my permit unless i am a resident of indiana
    Sure you do, it doesn't become inactive just because you move, it is a Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun. Contact Indiana State Police with your new Florida address, and Indiana will change the address on your current LIFETIME LTCH to reflect your new address. If you like, they will send you a new one for $20 with your new Florida address on it.

Top Bottom