I need a hard working color copier/printer/scanner. Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Small business environment. I'm needing a color laser copier that scans and prints. I don't need new... I need a proven medium duty unit that just works. 100 copies a day max. It will be on the network so everybody can have access to make an occasional color copy or print something in color. I have tried color inkjet units on key people's desks and they just eat me alive in ink and they gum up fast. I'm tired of that. Most desks have an B&W HP Laserjet 1200 printer on them. They are old and are not manufactured any more but I love them because they work and never need anything. That's the same kind of thing I want in a color printer/copier/scanner. I was looking at the HP color laserjet pro mfp m476nw but the deal fell through and I don't really know if that one is any good.
    Any suggestions?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    KoinicaMinolta or Xerox offerings.
    You probably don't need anything faster than 20 ppm so don't let a salesman blow smoke. More ppm means more $$$
    ALSO check drum and toner pricing broken down as cost per copy.
    The machine might be cheaper than the drums and toner over a year.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Look into a Ricoh or Xerox lease. You're talking 24000 pages a year. Light duty machines and even some medium duty will need maintenance kits at 24k and 50k. And, if you get something that is heavier than you need, lack of use can cause an early death. A lease is a better fixed cost option.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    KoinicaMinolta or Xerox offerings.
    You probably don't need anything faster than 20 ppm so don't let a salesman blow smoke. More ppm means more $$$
    ALSO check drum and toner pricing broken down as cost per copy.
    The machine might be cheaper than the drums and toner over a year.

^I would trust this guy.
    all in one is out of my area... you want 60"+ prints only, I could offer more info, but would turn to him if I had a similar question.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote on a lease. My company leases Ricohs and the consumables are included. We pay a flat fee plus 3c b/w, 6c color per image. (double sided color is 12c) The only thing you buy is paper. ( I think the first x images are free and you only pay extra when you exceed the included number) When toner is out, call an 800 and they ship you more free, or if it breaks they fix it free.

Other than that, an HP WORKGROUP MFC printer is your best bet. Ive had good luck with them. (though I havent used a HP in 10 years, see above)

HP Laser Printers for Business | HP® Official Site

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and They are obnoxious when it comes to toner.

STAY AWAY FROM DELL PRINTERS!!!

My first one? A free one I was given as a spiff for two reasons: We bought $120K in servers, and they had just started in the printer biz. A 1600 all in one. It started complaining about it was out of toner and to replace it. my dept of 3 ran it another 3 months before I started seeing any image quality issues. 2 more months of doing the "toner rock" to spread the toner out for clean images. Yep, Thats right, they told me I needed to replace the toner even though I had 3-5 months more toner left.

Earlier this year I got a desktop MFC from work that was being thrown away because we got it as part of an acquisition and we couldnt use it in the office. Brand new toner lasted 4 months, (at home, not at work with multiple people printing) and now the same thing. Its been nagging me for a month that Im out of toner but it still works fine with no image issues.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This is way out of the box... I think home printers are far different... you can push them as far as you wish...
    Out last latex printer from HP has lasted 5 years. the business model is consumables... (as it is for home users).
    But they basically become throw-away after 5 years... 25 grand on a 60" printer, pus umpteen maintenance kits... yes the printheads are disposable, etc...
    but 5 years of your business depending on a print quality, to just be thrown away and start anew?
    I get keeping up with the times... but our vinyl wraps are guaranteed for 7 years...
    It becomes a problem when you have to explain to a customer that you can't color match his front fender that got wrecked as easily because you had to 'throw away' your 'old' printer that was 5 years old... Seriously.. the vinyl lasts longer than the printer does.
    And they truly don't last that long... when it comes to maintenance... it's cheaper to toss it and buy new nowadays.

Top Bottom