• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ok I need the number for a good lawer I made a police report and this time I got to call CPS on Wayne township maplewood elementary schools. They called cps on me and this time I got to return the favor. My child came home from school with bruses all over her arms and back sand told us the "teachers grabed her shook her threw her to the ground and sat on her"

I called the school and talked to the vice principal who said that she was not following direction and had to be "RESTRAINED"... I called cps after getting off the phone with him and the wayne township police who came and took a report we took pictures of the bruses and so did cps. the school never told us about the incident we never would have know if she hadnt said something to us. I need a Lawyer I am going to press as many charges agianst the school and the teachers as I can I am done with this school who has labeled my child a "bad kid". I can only find lawyers who defend child abuse so if anyone has or knows of a good lawyer please let me know or any advice on the situation I am open I have a cause# if that helps anyone... Thanks in advance. James.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    ok I need the number for a good lawer I made a police report and this time I got to call CPS on Wayne township maplewood elementary schools. They called cps on me and this time I got to return the favor. My child came home from school with bruses all over her arms and back sand told us the "teachers grabed her shook her threw her to the ground and sat on her"

I called the school and talked to the vice principal who said that she was not following direction and had to be "RESTRAINED"... I called cps after getting off the phone with him and the wayne township police who came and took a report we took pictures of the bruses and so did cps. the school never told us about the incident we never would have know if she hadnt said something to us. I need a Lawyer I am going to press as many charges agianst the school and the teachers as I can I am done with this school who has labeled my child a "bad kid". I can only find lawyers who defend child abuse so if anyone has or knows of a good lawyer please let me know or any advice on the situation I am open I have a cause# if that helps anyone... Thanks in advance. James.

Carol Brizzi

Carl Brizzi for Prosecutor

Sounds like this should actually have files charged against someone.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

WTF you have got to be kidding me right?!?!?!?

I don't have kids but I will tell you this if any adult ever felt the need to "Restrain" my child there would be hell to pay. I was a "bad kid" in school and many times I received swats but that is entirely different then "restraining" a child and leaving bruises.....

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Try Schuckit & Associates, they are in downtown Indy and should have someone who could help you or at least make a referral. I know one of their litigation attorneys and he is terrific. Good luck.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You don't need a lawyer - you need a prosecutor. Take your child to your doctor, get pictures, and go straight to the prosecutor with your child.

One thing I learned from experience - do not give up. I went to the prosecutor every day for two weeks before my family got justice.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I'm all for schools disciplining kids in a responsible manner. I got it when I was in school, but when they come home with scrapes & bruises - that's a WHOLE NOTHER BALLPARK. I'd tell my wife as I was walking out the door to call the cops & hope they get to the school before I do because there's about to be a whole pot full of trouble...Good luck & please keep us updated.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had my elementary principle tell me in 5th grade after I had cut my arm wide-open on playground equipment that he hoped every stitch hurt me.

My Dad went straight to the school and kicked his ass.

Similarly, (and a tangential thought) - I was in New Castle's emergency room one night when a doctor told the waiting family that their husband/father died. I did not overhear the whole conversation, but he said it at least with a smile on his face. The grown son, probably late 30s and quite large, threw the doctor up against the power sliding glass doors hard enough to crack them and started strangling him. It was raw anguish that you could see on the son's face. That doc was a neighbor of mine, too, and no one liked him.

I'm relating these stories because you are justified in being DAMNED ANGRY!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    shiesh! I agree with the above..get in touch with your local media and make a BIG deal about this..in this day an age something like this will not go unheard.
    its sad that we can not rest easy when our children are in school.

last year my daughter came home with a big mark down the side of her face and her hip and knee was all scratched up..when I asked her what happened she said a girl pushed her off the swing then kicked her in the face..I called the school and raised hell so the next day my wife and I had arranged a meeting with the schools day care lady and the principle and also the little girls father..things got pretty heated between me and the little girls dad and I walked out of the building..he followed me out and approached me and said "maybe your daughter deserved the ass whoopin mine gave her" I tried to control my anger but he just kept running his mouth..the last thing out of his mouth was "I bet your daughters a b**** just like you" I turned around and laid his ass out..next thing I know Im in cuffs..when I told the officers my story and had 3 other folks hear what he said they couldnt believe someone would say that about a 6yr old. they asked if I wanted to press charges on him and ask him the same..he said no and so did I as I just wanted to go home,they said they could arrest us both but after talking with the principle they decided to let us go...but any who..yeah Id make as big of a deal as you possibly can about this..no telling if this this "restraining" crap is a common thing or not and maybe other kids are just not telling there parents.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had something similar happen a few years ago. My daughter came home from school with a huge bite mark on her arm. A girl decided to bite her, for no reason, and, five hours later, you could still see bite marks through the bruising. I immediately took her to the school and showed the principal, explaining that this would not be tolerated. The principal tried to tell me that, since the girl didn't draw blood, nothing would be done about it. I told my daughter to wait in the hall. As soon as she left, I told the principal that my daughter would be coming in the next day with instructions, from me, to beat the holy hell out of the girl, and the principal informed me that my daughter would be expelled. I told the principal that, as long as my daughter didn't draw blood, nothing could be done about it. She got the hint and took care of the other girl the next day.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I had something similar happen a few years ago. My daughter came home from school with a huge bite mark on her arm. A girl decided to bite her, for no reason, and, five hours later, you could still see bite marks through the bruising. I immediately took her to the school and showed the principal, explaining that this would not be tolerated. The principal tried to tell me that, since the girl didn't draw blood, nothing would be done about it. I told my daughter to wait in the hall. As soon as she left, I told the principal that my daughter would be coming in the next day with instructions, from me, to beat the holy hell out of the girl, and the principal informed me that my daughter would be expelled. I told the principal that, as long as my daughter didn't draw blood, nothing could be done about it. She got the hint and took care of the other girl the next day.

Well played! :popcorn:

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    You will need to speak with the County Prosecutor to get charges filed. You can take the paperwork there yourself, but I would recommend working with the department that took the report. This is a clear case of battery and is enforceable under Indiana Code. Depending on the circumstances, I could also see a charge of criminal confinement here.

I wouldn't bother with the news media right now. Work on getting the charges filed and then go from there (save them as a card if someone is reluctant on filing). A criminal conviction would make for a better civil case.

Indiana Code
    Indiana Code 35-42-2 (Battery)
    Indiana Code 35-42-3 (Criminal Confinement)

Attorney I recommend (my Uncle and one of the better ones in Indiana)
    Terrell Law Office - hoosierlawyer.us

Top Bottom