• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 2 Sentry safes for personal paper work and valuables. These are smaller units not full size gun safes. I can not get either of them to open. 1 was my grand dads and it is pretty old but actually always worked better than the newer one. I do not get in them much at all these days. The dial on the newer one (25 yr old Sentry 1380) is stiff now and just does not operate properly. I got it open yesterday after several attempts but the grand daughter was watching me and wanted to shut it. She did. She also latched it up and today it will not work.

Who knows a good safe cracker.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Do you want the safe still usable afterwards?
    If not, youtube search safe cracking. You should be able to get in with a big crowbar and a sledge hammer in a reasonable time frame.

Lower end safes are pretty easy to get into if you don't mind damaging them.

Edited to add: ^That guy beat me to it.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you can find the original paperwork for the 25 year old safe Sentry will assist you. Even if you don't the may have a suggestion for you. And in some cases you really can use a stethoscope but if its as stiff as you say that may not work. Some of them can be disassembled but it a tedious process. You might even consult U-tube! I learned a little a few years back when I worked with some Cash Management systems but not enough to really be of much help to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I intended to leave the newer one open and remove the inside plate on the door an lube the mechanism when I got home today. +1 for the grand daughter.
    The older one spins freely and acts like it works but the lever will not move.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    dynamite1.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The sticky one might open better if you warm it up with a hair drier to loosen the dusty lube. On mine, once you remove the back cover, you can spray something into the back of the lock mechanism. I sprayed old fashioned electronic tuner cleaner/lube in one about 20 years ago (S&G brand) and it never acted up since. Good Luck

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    If you can find the serial number on it and send or fax a notarized letter for a nominal fee they will give you the combination

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you can find the serial number on it and send or fax a notarized letter for a nominal fee they will give you the combination

I have the combination and have used both in the past. I sent e-mail to Sentry and waiting on reply. The older one may be in rotation for boat anchor duty.

Love the cracker references.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Tinder Lock in Indianapolis got my grandmothers safe operational again and also changed the combination per my request. It works well now.

Top Bottom