• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlexNWI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    NWI
    Hello all!! This is going to be my first post on the site, sorry it has to be somewhat negative!

Back story:
    In 2011 my father passed away suddenly (I was 16). No will was left and according to the lawyer everything was to be split between my sister and I. But it just so happens my uncle had gotten to the house before my sister and I did. He took, among other things, my fathers pistols (S&W .22 and 9mm). He says that I can have them back any time... But when I ask to get them he tells me I can not have them. Now being 20 I want what is rightfully mine. Any advice is helpful! Please and thank you in advance!!

AlexNWI

AlexNWI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    NWI
    That is what I want too. But I don't want to burn bridges.. Somehow he has my fathers life insurance too.... :|

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is what I want too. But I don't want to burn bridges.. Somehow he has my fathers life insurance too.... :|

Uncle is not fair guy.

Lawyer up.....tomorrow. Unless he was beneficiary on the policy not sure how he could get it.

Oh.......Screw having bridges to bad people.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    So did your father leave him as the beneficiary?? You definitely need to seek some council I think.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Pretty much what Church mouse put above me and what KG1 is saying... You gotta do it man.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yep, lawyer. Time to exert some force.

As mentioned before, your uncle sounds like a bad person. Being your uncle shouldn't get him a pass to be ****ty.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn't mean to sound callous in my previous post but what I meant was it looks like your Uncle is in it for himself and it would behoove you Alex to look after your own interests as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I will have to... But one last thing am I able to legally own them being under the age of 21

Yes. You may own them. You just cant BUY them. They can be gifted I am positive. As to being left to you in an estate, I cant see why not. (but your lawyer should be able to answer that for sure).

And I agree with others. Uncle already lit the match and the bridge is engulfed. Lawyer up before the bridge disappears along with everything you seek.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Sorry you have to go through this. A friend of mine had a similar situation, except he had possession of the firearms. His mother screwed him out of everything his father wanted him to have, and then she wanted the guns. Needless to say she didn't get them, thanks to some smarter than me friends.

Hire an attorney, soon. Don't let the fact that he is an Uncle stop you. If he really was family the guns would already be in your possession. Unless, he has good reason to believe you will sell them rather than cherish them for the heirlooms they are.

Top Bottom