• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    We were at the 1500 Saturday and my wife came across a purse that has a insert made that keeps the pistol at the top in a holster. I was hoping to hear and see what other ladies have. She really liked the one she seen(It was made out of seat belt stuff) but I didn't like the price at $125....... HELP ;)

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    We were at the 1500 Saturday and my wife came across a purse that has a insert made that keeps the pistol at the top in a holster. I was hoping to hear and see what other ladies have. She really liked the one she seen(It was made out of seat belt stuff) but I didn't like the price at $125....... HELP ;)

I don't think purse carry is a good idea, but perhaps better than nothing.

Easily lost. Easily stolen (now a criminal has all your info and your gun). Can't access it quickly. My wife wanted to carry in her purse at first but has since gotten very use to CC.

:twocents:

benweger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My wife ended up alternating between an IWB and pocket holster. All the carry purses we tried were too hard to access quickly and always had the risk of getting snatched.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Even if the purse is not able to be snatched... if the purse is securely attached to the wearer, the purse can be grabbed and the wearer swung up against a vehicle, or building hard enough to cause serious injury. Purses might well be left as the last resort to concealed carry.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Here's the deal... I don't carry one and I don't advocate it. HOWEVER, that being said...I have had occasion to familiarize myself with different styles and methods of use.
    Even though I agree they should only be a LAST resort, I've coached a few on the best method (in MY opinion). And that would be the middle panel holster hidden by a zipper in the back. I think it should be carried strong side, unzipped, and readily accessible.
    I do not think there's call to try and perfect a smooth draw, because if a woman is approached by a bad guy who intends to do harm (or worse)...she should just blow a hole through the damn thing. :twocents:
    Edit:
    And the purse, too!

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    Bradis II had some in stock last time we were down there. The girlfriend even talked to the shoe shop (by Columbian Park) about adding a pocket to her purse.

Top Bottom