I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For anyone interested, there's a 2004 STAMPEDE INOX, 5 1/2", 45LC for sale locally for $800 - I have no idea if that's a bargain or not...
    Ehh, those are oddballs. I think they are badged guns from a company Beretta picked up. They stopped that when they picked up Manurhin as they didn't want to compete with themselves.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    Ehh, those are oddballs. I think they are badged guns from a company Beretta picked up. They stopped that when they picked up Manurhin as they didn't want to compete with themselves.
    Just happened upon it this evening, and not a revolver guy (yet) so kinda clueless in that arena...

In other news, Beretta has the S/N search functioning again!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I saw and handled an Inox 92 Compact Type M today at Top Shot Armory just outside of South Bend. It has black controls and a factory box. Unfortunately, it does not have the factory grips, and is instead wearing a set of Pachmayrs that don't fit right. They were asking $895.

It's the first type M I've ever actually put hands on in person, and I've been looking for one for years. I've gotta admit, it was a bit of a let down. It didn't feel much slimmer, or fit my hand any better than my double-stack 92X Compact. It was cool to see and feel one, but it's no game changer and I'll be fine without it.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I saw and handled an Inox 92 Compact Type M today at Top Shot Armory just outside of South Bend. It has black controls and a factory box. Unfortunately, it does not have the factory grips, and is instead wearing a set of Pachmayrs that don't fit right. They were asking $895.

It's the first type M I've ever actually put hands on in person, and I've been looking for one for years. I've gotta admit, it was a bit of a let down. It didn't feel much slimmer, or fit my hand any better than my double-stack 92X Compact. It was cool to see and feel one, but it's no game changer and I'll be fine without it.

Yep. Only reasons to own a Type M are if you want a complete collection and for the cool factor. That’s about it. They’re not significantly thinner or lighter, but you still manage to give up nearly half of your capacity by going with one over a Compact w/ modern 15rnd mags.

Neat, but not useful.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The 92 GTS looks like a really nice pistol. I would figure it’s a great shooting piece with some decent ammo.
    Good luck! :shoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom