• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I installed a "mighty mule" electronic gate opener on my driveway, and I cannot get the thing to work properly. Does anyone here have any experience with gate openers, and hopefully this brand? I live in Bedford, and would be willing to trade a fun day of shooting at a private range, complete with tannerite and full autos, for help with getting this gate to work.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It is a model 500. The first one I had worked fine for a week, and then it burst into flames. The company claimed that I wired it wrong. If so, I don't think it would have worked fine for a week before torching itself. My new one will not learn where to stop as far as opening and closing. And, it just randomly opens and closes. This time, I may have done something wrong, as I haven't been able to get it to work right at all. I can fix just about any firearm known to man, because they are mechanical, I just am not very good at electronics.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    How do you have it wired? Do you have the RF unit? Is it on line power or battery?

Nothing is springing to mind right now, hence the questions. I've had mine for a couple of years now. These things don't have a great reputation, but since they are the lowest cost opener by quite a lot, there are a lot of them out there. I'd offer to come over and scratch my head over it with you but for the next couple of weeks I'm slammed and will be traveling a lot.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    How do you have it wired? Do you have the RF unit? Is it on line power or battery?

Nothing is springing to mind right now, hence the questions. I've had mine for a couple of years now. These things don't have a great reputation, but since they are the lowest cost opener by quite a lot, there are a lot of them out there. I'd offer to come over and scratch my head over it with you but for the next couple of weeks I'm slammed and will be traveling a lot.

Sounds great, I just PMed you my phone number. Let me know when you have a chance to look at it.

Top Bottom