• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Me and my ex split up in January, she has kept my children from me up until last night and this morning she comes and takes them from me and tells me she is taking me to court for full custody! I don't know what to do! She is an avid user of marijuana she has no appliances in her home she has random guys coming In and out of her home, I cannot afford a lawer at this time and to top it off my middle child isn't biologically mine! Someone told me that I could file paternity fraud against her, I have called the police about the marijuana and they did NOTHING!!! I fear for my kids but DCS came out and said that there was water electricity and heat so there was nothing they could do! I only wanted joint custody of my kids, every other week, she is commuting foods tamp fraud, misusing my autistic daughters ssi payments and when I called and made the reports to these people over a month ago there has been nothing done. I am at a loss and am stuck... Any advise please let me know, my name is James thank you

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    You need to find a lawyer now. They won't require the entire amount up front. I found a good one that took several hundred up front and allowed me to pay him off so much a month over time.
    I don't know what you have, but I would sell stuff off to get the money for an attn. I would rather have my kids with me than having guns or other toys.

And ignore what she says, you have rights. You just need a Lawyer to insure that your rights are taken care of.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You need a lawyer, plain and simple. Some lawyers will do a payment plan. I'm not sure where you could look for a lawyer that will you do that but I am sure someone here will chime in.

Might be a good idea to remove your phone number. Good luck to you.

Edit--SAM beat me to it.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You need to find a lawyer now. They won't require the entire amount up front. I found a good one that took several hundred up front and allowed me to pay him off so much a month over time.
    I don't know what you have, but I would sell stuff off to get the money for an attn. I would rather have my kids with me than having guns or other toys.

And ignore what she says, you have rights. You just need a Lawyer to insure that your rights are taken care of.

She sold all my guns when I moved out of the house I had to go quick! Only had what was on my back!

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Line up family and friends to testify on your behalf. If you have a active, close knit family it really helps your case. You also need to prove that you have a more stable living enviroment for the kids. Better income, living conditions (utilities, clean, enough room). My uncle recently went through a similar situation, the best advice I can give isnt to go after her, rather make her prove how it is better for the kids to be without you. If you put that burden on her it should help get at least partial custody.

My other advice, find a way to get a lawyer. It will make all the difference.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, one last word of advice: SHUT UP AND QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. Seriously. Everything you say in this thread is admissible when it goes to court, including the accusations you posted in the OP.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also, one last word of advice: SHUT UP AND QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. Seriously. Everything you say in this thread is admissible when it goes to court, including the accusations you posted in the OP.

I also agree with this...if she got a lawyer(if she was smart), everything you say can and will be used against you, on the Internet or not.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'd say delete this thread ASAP to protect the OP, if you want to discuss further, stick with PM's.

Imho

Top Bottom