• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you are going to end up on 94 anyway, just take 49 all the way there instead of getting on the toll road. It is only a few miles farther up the road and the traffic isn't much different.
    Listen to Mom. Not to mention that the toll road is under construction through Portage up past the exit that would take you to 94.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I should be going to bed here in a few minutes.

I picked up my rental earlier, and now I feel olde. See, my car still has a key that goes in an ignition switch. This thing? This 2016 Nissan Altima - a push button start, with enough electronic gizmo's that I'll be trying to figure all of it out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help. I'll touch base tomorrow evening and let ya'll know how well it went.

Regards,

Doug

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I should be going to bed here in a few minutes.

I picked up my rental earlier, and now I feel olde. See, my car still has a key that goes in an ignition switch. This thing? This 2016 Nissan Altima - a push button start, with enough electronic gizmo's that I'll be trying to figure all of it out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help. I'll touch base tomorrow evening and let ya'll know how well it went.

Regards,

Doug

Have a safe trip!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I want to thank everyone for your help and advice! It worked great and made the trip go smoother.:ingo:

It should be easier next week. Perhaps some of us could do lunch next Saturday in NW Indiana?

I am beat! It never ceases to amaze me on how doing so little (sitting in a car) can take so much out of me.

For adventure I did get to call 911 before we even left Ft. Wayne. There was a car pulled over at the side of the road on 69 smoking like hell with at least one goober in the front seat just sitting there. I didn't see flames but a lot of smoke.

I wound up power driving the whole thing straight through. Pretty well back again as well. I just didn't feel like pulling over.

Anywho's, thanks again folks. This is my version of INGO = Guns + benefits.;)

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I want to thank everyone for your help and advice! It worked great and made the trip go smoother.:ingo:

It should be easier next week. Perhaps some of us could do lunch next Saturday in NW Indiana?

I am beat! It never ceases to amaze me on how doing so little (sitting in a car) can take so much out of me.

For adventure I did get to call 911 before we even left Ft. Wayne. There was a car pulled over at the side of the road on 69 smoking like hell with at least one goober in the front seat just sitting there. I didn't see flames but a lot of smoke.

I wound up power driving the whole thing straight through. Pretty well back again as well. I just didn't feel like pulling over.

Anywho's, thanks again folks. This is my version of INGO = Guns + benefits.;)

Regards,

Doug

I could do lunch. I'm working mids, so I'll need to know I advance so I can figure out when to sleep.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I might be able to meet up for lunch too. I'll know for sure later this week.

I sent a PM to Actaeon to see the best time for him and was planning to make an open invite once we had some details.

But what the heck...

I'd like to meet in
    Valparaiso, Munster, Highland, or Merrillville. All of those seem to be reasonably on the way.

I need to be at O'hare at 1700 local time, and you chaps know that area better than I, so chat it out and I will trust your opinions.

Looks like we're about to have a case of spontaneous INGO consumption!:ingo:

Doug

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I sent a PM to Actaeon to see the best time for him and was planning to make an open invite once we had some details.

It looks like (about 85% chance) I'm free that day.

Work out a time that works for you & Actaeon. Lemme know.

As for food choices, may I suggest:

• There is a Cabela's in Hammond that you will be driving right past (EXIT 94 at Indianapolis Blvd, South) Cabela's is at the exit. They serve food.
    • Or there is a Cracker Barrel in Hammond at the Kennedy Ave South Exit (1 road east of Indianapolis Blvd), of course we won't be served by "Brad's Wife" if anyone is following that story.
    • There are lots of fine dining experiences to be had at any number of the Gary truck plazas :rolleyes:
    • But skipping past those and staying on 94, we could eat at Quaker Steak & Lube or the restaurant inside Bass Pro Shop. Both are located at the 249 Northbound Exit off of 94.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Melensdad,

Those all sound like chain restaurants, which I am certain are very good. Hitting a Cracker Barrel before a gun show is mandatory for me (like Pon-Farr on weekends).

However, are there no local gems that I we can support? Surely there is some great local restaurateur that we can spend our monies with?

If'n I'm gonna drive all that way to eat, I want somethin' unique!

Regards,

Doug

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad,

Those all sound like chain restaurants, which I am certain are very good. Hitting a Cracker Barrel before a gun show is mandatory for me (like Pon-Farr on weekends).

However, are there no local gems that I we can support?
    Surely there is some great local restaurateur that we can spend our monies with?

If'n I'm gonna drive all that way to eat, I want somethin' unique!

Regards,

Doug

Well on US30 there is the Industrial Revolution. Its NOT a chain. Locally owned. Its west of the intersection for US30/49. So not too far out of your way. Maybe a mile west of that intersection???

Interesting place to eat. Home | Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille

The food is OK. They have a train that runs around the restaurant hanging from the ceiling.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well on US30 there is the Industrial Revolution. Its NOT a chain. Locally owned. Its west of the intersection for US30/49. So not too far out of your way. Maybe a mile west of that intersection???

Interesting place to eat. Home | Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille

The food is OK. They have a train that runs around the restaurant hanging from the ceiling.

I will be more than happy to try it, but you don't sound too enthusiastic about the food.

Is there someplace else you would think has better grub?

It doesn't matter much to me, but your post makes it sound like ya'll are hedging, thus my curiosity.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom