• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    So I have been struggling trying to figure out what to get pops for fathers day. He never asks for anything, so he's a tricky guy to buy for. I already got him some whiskey stones, which I don't even know if he would like them, but I got them anyway. My mom and I are trying to figure out if he would like a nice bourbon, or a nice pack of beer. He loves the New Belgium Fat Tire beer, so I was thinking maybe getting him a beer similar in taste, but a little nicer. Any one have any good recommendations of a similar beer, but a little nicer that he wouldn't normally go out an buy?

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Maybe get him a beer brewing kit? Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies both have starter kits for around 100 bucks. Then he can experiment and make whatever he likes.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Maybe some bourbon to go with the stones...
    Upland in Bloomington makes some good beer but as said above, if he's a Fat Tire fan, stick with it.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Stick with what he likes. We all have a favorite beer, sure it's okay to try new ones, but often we come back around to the original. Does he have a good drinking glass? Maybe get him what he likes, then focus on the accessories such as a great drinking mug/glass/stein.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Now, for Dad's like me who have quit drinking, I for one would be quite thankful if my caring, thoughtful offspring would visit their loving father with a brick of 22, boxes of 9mm, 5.56 and some shotgun shells just for good measure! Then, the sting of the annual "take Dad out for Father's Day and stick him with the bill," would be a small price to pay for a great day!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Go to a good beer store and get him a couple of cases of a variety. Upland's Champagne Velvet, some Fat Tire, maybe some of the newer Cincinnati based brews like Rheingeist. Shoot, there's tons of them out there. Get him a variety and let him go to town.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    If your dad really likes bourbon get him some good bourbon. Russell's Reserve single barrel is really good but you can only get it at Payless Liquors. I myself like Wild Turkey Forgiven. If not bourbon stick with the beer he likes and get him some Fat Tire.

Top Bottom