• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    My little one is getting old enough that the top shelf of the closet is not going to work any more so I need some feedback on a good pistol safe that is secure, reliable and give me easy and quick access to my Glock 17.

I was looking at this one:

speedvault-2.png

SV500 SpeedVault | GunVault | GunVault

Anyone have one? Other suggestions?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    If you got the $$$$$$$$ then go for it. While my wife was prego I picked up a small closet safe like the one below for by my bed. Found it on black friday for $30.

My big safe is upstairs, but this one holds 2 pistols, mags, spare ammo and there's room for more. Don't put documents in this as a thief can easily walk off with it, but for keeping little ones out it's more than adequate.

LockState LS-17EN Small Digital Closet Safe - Amazon.com

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've got this mounted beside the bed: Mini Gun Safes |GV1000C STD | GunVault | GunVault

5 seconds to open, kid resistant, and big enough for my M&P9FS and a couple spare mags. They make a larger one as well. I chose the button access rather than the biometric access for reliability. Got the deluxe version, which has an AC/DC power supply and a light inside.

I'm considering getting the model you referenced for a second location in the house. I don't think you can go wrong with a GunVault.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have the one in your OP. it holds my HD handgun, an M&P 9mm VTAC. Still doing its job with no problems.

One thing to note. It has 4 buttons, but you can set up to 6 button combos that also include multiple buttons at the same time. It drops fast, has an led light that pops on which can be turned off. Beeps can be silenced when entering code. If your gun has a light or laser, you can cut into the foam that holds the gun. Holds a FS 1911, but large revolvers may not fit.

$140 free shipping from amazon.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The buttons work way better for me than the finger print model. I have both and in an emergency the buttons are quicker. The print scan would not work at all with the wife and daughter so I use it as secure storage in my vehicle.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What I like about it is you dont need light to see buttons. you just feel the grooves and hit the code you have entered. pretty nice....cause when you need your gun you might not have the time to turn lights on.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I have the one in your OP. it holds my HD handgun, an M&P 9mm VTAC. Still doing its job with no problems.

One thing to note. It has 4 buttons, but you can set up to 6 button combos that also include multiple buttons at the same time. It drops fast, has an led light that pops on which can be turned off. Beeps can be silenced when entering code. If your gun has a light or laser, you can cut into the foam that holds the gun. Holds a FS 1911, but large revolvers may not fit.

$140 free shipping from amazon.

Thanks for the feedback I was not sure if it would accommodate the TL-2 on the gun.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the info but I wanted something smaller. I have larger safes and I just wanted something that I could mount at the side of the bed for quick access.

Cool man, just thought I would share. This is the one I have mounted next to my bed ( I have 2 kids as well)....just food for thought

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Cool man, just thought I would share. This is the one I have mounted next to my bed ( I have 2 kids as well)....just food for thought
    I have the gun vault non-biometric and I love it. Hands down the best 100 bucks you should spend after buying a HD handgun.
    I have 3 kids and the piece of mind is worth it go buy one today.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well fack. We moved this past weekend. I just unplugged it and shrink wrapped the night stand. Got to the new place and it opened right up. Shut it and went about my day. Sunday night I hit the code and nothing. Looks like the electronics are completely dead. Power supply is good, batteries are good. Still opens with the key, but just disappointed. Just went back through this thread to see what the other options were... all too expensive for the budget right now.....

Top Bottom