• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy

I have a cheap, I guess Beryl style rail that was sitting in the spare parts box that I've been wanting to rig up to work with the Ace stock on my AK74. I've been trying to think of ways to do it so I wouldn't necessarily require a screwdriver to unlatch the rail, and not permanently modify the stock, but I'm stumped. You can tell from the pic that I started off cutting the loop that angled down and kind of gave up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd just use the built in QD optics rail.

I also agree with this. A fighting rifle should be able to be quickly stripped to clear any serious malfunctions or part failures.
    Some if these rails lock down the cover.

There are a couple that don't do it that way so go for it. But your still goin to spend at least $120. I say buy more mags and ammo with that.

The only reason I would get a foreword quad rail would be to add a light (which I believe all cqb weapons should have, and a foreword grip of some kind if you like those.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    I agree with all of you hands down that the side rail is the better if not best option for optics on an AK. I have three different rail mounts, one is even from Horse's company, so I'm covered there.

This is more for tinkering purposes. I know there's the TWS top cover and other options but like Trigger Time said that's ammo money and I don't need to add to the spare parts box.. Plus I paid for the thing might as well use it.

As far as being able to quickly field strip the rifle, I had an idea of using a push pin to secure the rail.

Last edited:

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    This is more for novelty purposes but this is what I came up with. I used a 1" scope ring to clamp on to the butt stock base and dremeled the bottom of the rail base so it would wrap around the strip of picatinny. It held up for 210 rounds to my surprise. I wanted to throw some paint on it to cover up the sloppy dremel work but haven't had time.

Top Bottom