• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There is nothing "cheap" or bottom-shelf about a spring piston gun. It's more mechanically repeatable than any PCP, although there is a skill factor in learning to hold it loosely. Something like an HW50, or they step up in power level as you go up to HW80, HW90, etc. The HW35 herr Dodd is showing is a nice gun, and the Weihrauches also come with really nice, adjustable open sights that you can hit surprisingly well with, so you may not even need a scope. All you have to buy is the gun. No compressors, tanks, or velocity changing after 30 shots. Just a pump per shot. If you choose one with reasonable cocking force, I think you'll be ahead in the long run.

I find that my guns that require charging tend to sit around more, where the spring piston guns just beg to be picked up for an impromptu session. Pick them up, put them down, done.

Pyramydair will have it on your porch tomorrow.

Lemme know if there's anything else I can help talk you out of...:cool:
    My research didn't indicate anything substandard about a spring powered air gun either, not by my average standards of 25 yds & 1.75" targets, haha!
    Maybe with some practice, I'll get that down to some 1.25" circles! :dunno:
    Watching videos & seeing the targets was enough to convince me it would be enjoyable.
    I was actually surprised that the pistols did as good as some of my .22LR at 21' w/o optics.
    The simplicity & ease of use of the spring powered, as per your comments. was most desirable.
    I don't even mind the cocking force it takes, at my age, it's a muscle toner, haha!
    Pryramid Air is where the guy I bought from, recommended buying pellets & air guns.

Top Bottom