• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Last month I took the leap and bought a new Springfield 1911 A-1 Loaded. I took it to the range and it shot a very nice grouping from the start although it was a bit to the left. One of the 1st things I thought would be nice to have changed was the front sight. The Loaded comes with adjustable sights but they are black on black and a bit of contrast would be handy at FSN. I had seen another thread where AllenM had done some work on a persons 1911 and the results were more than positive, so I contacted Allen.

Since I was going to have something modified I figured I might as well get everything done that I could possible think of to make this pistol just the way I wanted. When I got it back it was like a whole new pistol. The action was smooth as silk, the trigger was crisp and had just the right pull for target shooting, it had a new mag well, a new front trijicon front sight, and modified one part to make stripping and reassemble easier. Oh, the pistol was also producing light primer strikes and he fixed that too.

The cost for all he did was VERY reasonable and VERY professional. I would recommend that anyone wanting some gunsmithing done right to contact AllenM. I normally couldn't hit the broad side of a barn even if I were standing inside but at least now I think I may have a chance.

Thanks Allen!!!

ps: If anyone wants to see this pistol, I plan on having at FNS this week.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    :postpics:

AllenM is the man. I cant wait for my Fusion Firearms 1911 kit to get here and all the parts to build it to show up too. After seeing his work up close and getting to coonfinger his 1911's I knew I had to let him build me a 1911.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Did anyone mention that Allen is the man? And as soon as he starts carving on plastic, I'll be back over there :spend:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    RMC, I thought you might notice a difference :) Thanks for the nice write up.
    I am almost back to my gun work, real life has had ahold of me for a couple months now. But there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Websnyper, I just need that first one. I dont own anything I can practice on :) I really think my nitrogen welder would let me do some amazing frame mods.

Mark, again thanks for allowing me to tune up your 1911. that is where my real passion lies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Websnyper, I just need that first one. I dont own anything I can practice on :) I really think my nitrogen welder would let me do some amazing frame mods.

:drool:

I'm not sure the mod I'm interested in would even need that actually. I can't find a pic of a bobtail Glock other than this one and it obviously has a grip reduction/grooves shaved and stippling. I think I'd just want the bobtail, but not sure how it would look on a otherwise non modified Gen 3 frame.

Bobtail1.jpg

Thoughts on doing the bob tail?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    All that looks easy enough but isnt it hollow where I would be bob tailing? So some sort of filler would be required it seems

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    All that looks easy enough but isnt it hollow where I would be bob tailing? So some sort of filler would be required it seems

Allen, I know there are details on the polymer mix on youtube of a guy showing how to do full house grip reductions. I'll try to find the info for you. :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks, I am sure this wouldn't be a problem just have to find 1 brave soul :)

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I used my "Awesome" 1911 at FNS for the 1st time and was very impressed with the way it worked on the most difficult stations I've seen at FNS so far. I'm not sure if I'll use it at the next FNS but I'm moly-coating a bunch of LSWC to load just in case. Hats off to Allen for the great work he put into my 1911. None of the targets were too small for me to hit and that is exactly what I was wanting.

Thanks again Allen

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy

a bit of a cheap "fix" - and would most likely show some kind of line, but what about getting one of the grip fillers that are sold, epoxy it in, then shape?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I used my "Awesome" 1911 at FNS for the 1st time and was very impressed with the way it worked on the most difficult stations I've seen at FNS so far. I'm not sure if I'll use it at the next FNS but I'm moly-coating a bunch of LSWC to load just in case. Hats off to Allen for the great work he put into my 1911. None of the targets were too small for me to hit and that is exactly what I was wanting.

Thanks again Allen

Glad to hear it

Top Bottom