• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks to all the good information I received on this board, I feel very comfortable with my new purchase. Thanks again.

So I went out and did some comparison shopping with the feedback I rec'd on his forum. I ended up settling in on a Ruger MKIII Target with the 5.5 Bull barrel in stainless. Sweet little gun.......ordered it from Davidson's and had it shipped to my gunsmith. Saved about $75 plus tax over anything I could find locally. Davidson's has a great warranty plus their running a sale on these pistols now.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    OP hate to break to you, but the Davidson's Lifetime warranty is a SCAM ... Rugers don't break.:D I have Mark III and it a great gun. Enjoy your shooting.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    great choice, you can't go wrong with a MKIII or even a ruger at that. I have the MKIII 24/45RP and it is my favorite gun to shoot. I've owned it just over a month and have almost 1000 rounds down range. You will love that gun.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    You made a great choice.....The MKIII is an awesome pistol. Built like a tank and very accurate! Some will complain that they are hard to disassemble but once you get the hang of it, its really easy. You can do a search on youtube and there is a great video called RUGER MKIII Dis/Assembly.Oh yea, do yourself a favor and get an Ultimate Clip Loader and several bricks of ammo.....You'll Need It!!!!!!!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Great choice! I've got a MKIII Hunter and a MKII 22/45. Love 'em both!!

Absolutely agree on the Ultimate Clip Loader. Cheap and worth every single cent...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks to all the good information I received on this board, I feel very comfortable with my new purchase. Thanks again.

So I went out and did some comparison shopping with the feedback I rec'd on his forum. I ended up settling in on a Ruger MKIII Target with the 5.5 Bull barrel in stainless. Sweet little gun.......ordered it from Davidson's and had it shipped to my gunsmith. Saved about $75 plus tax over anything I could find locally. Davidson's has a great warranty plus their running a sale on these pistols now.

That is as great gun. My ONLY beef with it (and the rest of the Targets from Ruger) are those wide front blade sights. They cover far too much of the target. I am looking HARD at the MK III Hunter, with the front FO sight. I like that much better. And I definitely plan on getting one of these put on it for tear down.

Top Bottom