I Paid $80 to be Belittled for an Hour and a Half.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    My wife and I went to Chicago this past weekend to see the comedian Sinbad at the beautiful Chicago Theater. .

I had always liked Sinbad, had thought he was a clean act, no cussing, etc.

The biggest part of his act was making fun of white people, Herman Cain, conservatives, Indiana, the Tea Party, and anyone who thought that Obama wasn't the second coming.

I just sat there and thought to myself, I paid the same price as the rest of the audience to be entertained, and I wasn't.

He got my last dollar ever. Hope he chokes on it.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Wow, I walked right past that theater Saturday! I saw Peter Frampton on the marquee first, and then, lo and behold, there was Sinbad listed...I have to say, I cracked a joke when I saw it. Sorry he was so terrible. :(

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Bummer, every time a white comedian cracks a bunch of black jokes they end up on the news with people calling them racist bigot usually leading to the demise of their career. Just sayin... :dunno:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Yes, I was there Saturday nite, 8:00 O'Clock. The opening act was a guy named Damon Williams. a local Chicago comedian. He was hilarious. I'd go to see him again any day. But Sinbad, not a good show (for me).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If it makes you feel better, should you ever feel the desire to be denigrated again, INGO performs that service for free.

I'm sorry it was a bust. He should have practiced what they preach and spread the wealth of condescension to everybody.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "Boo" from the seats would've been nice. ;) Be adventurous next time that happens and get up and leave. So much fun and cool stuff in Chicago.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Bummer, every time a white comedian cracks a bunch of black jokes they end up on the news with people calling them racist bigot usually leading to the demise of their career. Just sayin... :dunno:

Name a couple.

OP - Sorry you wasted your money, but Sinbad has never been funny. I would categorize him as humorous, but not funny.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    "Boo" from the seats would've been nice. ;) Be adventurous next time that happens and get up and leave. So much fun and cool stuff in Chicago.

The Chicago Theater is not a place to yell "Boo" at.

We do go to "the City" 3 or 4 times a year, just to mix it up. We really do enjoy all that Chicago has to offer.

Just no more Mr. Sinbad.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Name a couple.

OP - Sorry you wasted your money, but Sinbad has never been funny. I would categorize him as humorous, but not funny.

Kramer. :rockwoot:

And I used to like always liked Sinbad. Not like he was hilarious, but entertaining with a certain charm. More in movies than standup though.

And OP, the Chicago Theater most certainly is beautiful. I saw Ben Folds there. Just gorgeous.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Kramer. :rockwoot:

And I used to like always liked Sinbad. Not like he was hilarious, but entertaining with a certain charm. More in movies than standup though.

And OP, the Chicago Theater most certainly is beautiful. I saw Ben Folds there. Just gorgeous.

Yeah, I recall that one, but a couple is actually two. I don't even think he believes what he said was humorous. I have watched stand-up acts by white comedians that made fun of black people and were hilarious: Robin Williams, Ron White, Ralphie May, Dane Cook, just to name a few.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Not even close to the same thing.

No, but...I thought of him too when the challenge was put forth. Then I realized Kramer went off, outside of the comedy routine.

Then I realized that even though it wasn't a part of his comedy routine, had the tables been reversed, it would have still been ignored/glossed over. White-on-anything is evil racism. Anything-on-white is not only not considered racist, it's completely ignored.

Look at the flash mob violence. That's black-on-white for the most part. And how much attention is it getting as a racial issue? And it's not just verbal harangues we're talking about. It's physical and the press can't address it for what it is.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    It may just be me, but funny is funny...be it a black comedian or white or Hispanic or...well not very many funny Asians..they have no sense of humor you know!

Top Bottom