• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Way to go! What inspired this? Just good sense or have you listened to/read Dave Ramsey's stuff? Getting out of debt changes your life in a great way, marriage is better, less stress over all.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    :rockwoot: Congrats!

I just paid off my truck and 2 credit cards as well. Could have done another one ($425 balance) but I decided I needed a gift to myself for paying my truck off, so I'm getting my first suppressor.:D

It won't be long until that ones gone, then I have 1 more with 2 grand on her. Making some headway. Fingers crossed I don't have something throw a wrench in it, like mechanical problems with the now paid off truck.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Congratulations. I paid off our credit cards and then destroyed them several years ago, it was the best and longest lasting good feeling I have had in my adult life. My finances have changed so much for the better since then, we then paid off a vehicle loan too and things continued to improve. My gun buying has taken off as discretionary funds exist in previously inconceivable amounts, what a great improvement it has been.

Congratulations again,

Terry

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Guess what, I use credit responsibly and pay what I owe every month!!! I pay regularly on my student loans and car payment, and have a cash reserve.

I don't see what these threads accomplish....if you are responsible and use common sense you should never be in a position to have bad debt.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I don't see what these threads accomplish....if you are responsible and use common sense you should never be in a position to have bad debt.

This is a community. One person shares his milestone and it allows others to say congrats, encourage him, and share their own stories. There are plenty of threads on INGO specifically about sharing accomplishments, concerns, and problems.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Great job. Obviously a good goal for everyone. One can't help but wonder though if it really makes a difference in the big picture. With the amount of debt our government has created how can our currency really be worth anything. :dunno:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    9mtrl.jpg

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I am happy to be out of credit card debt, and hope to pay off at least one car loan this year. I also plan to stop renting and buy a home, it saves money (mortgage will be cheaper than my rent), and I will be building a little bit of equity monthly.

My wife and I have talked about taking a Dave Ramsey course, but we have not done one yet. We have read up on some and started following it slightly, we have a small savings built up (equal to one paycheck) and hope to build that savings up to 6 months or so of paychecks.

Thanks again

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This is a community. One person shares his milestone and it allows others to say congrats, encourage him, and share their own stories. There are plenty of threads on INGO specifically about sharing accomplishments, concerns, and problems.

I guess you don't understand rehtorical questions. I was more so pointing out that this thread would be useless if people used common sense and self restraint with their finances. Using credit isn't a bad thing...even high interest consumer credit, IF you are smart about it and don't bury yourself.

No one should be praised for paying debts that they have no place having to start with. Good for the op for getting back on track, but its people that do stupid **** like this.in the first place that screw it up for those of us fiscially responsible.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I guess you don't understand rehtorical questions... its people that do stupid **** like this in the first place that screw it up for those of us fiscially responsible.

I do indeed understand rhetorical questions and I also understand that some deserve a response. I'm not sure where your hostility comes from, but I saw nothing in the OPs post that indicated at any point that they couldn't pay off their bills. As far as I can see, the OP has done precisely *nothing* to harm anyone- financially responsible or otherwise.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    Guess what, I use credit responsibly and pay what I owe every month!!! I pay regularly on my student loans and car payment, and have a cash reserve.

I know I'm not in a position to sit here and talk about using credit, since I have a car loan and a mortgage. I do know that the one thing I was never crazy enough to do was take out student loans for my college degree. So I don't know why you sit there and continually dog the OP for paying off his CC when this is happening:

For the first time in history, student loans are set to over take credit card debit as the biggest financial burden in the United States.
    I truly hope that you are not stuck with them for 20+ years, but before you go hostile on someones topic, make sure your not the pot calling the kettle black.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana

badass.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I do indeed understand rhetorical questions and I also understand that some deserve a response. I'm not sure where your hostility comes from, but I saw nothing in the OPs post that indicated at any point that they couldn't pay off their bills. As far as I can see, the OP has done precisely *nothing* to harm anyone- financially responsible or otherwise.

The fact that he had enough debt to justify the celebration of paying it off leads me to believe that he was (at least at some time) irresponsible with his finances and built up a pile of consumer debt. No saying he directly harmed anyone, but people being irresponsible with money do cause a lot of economical issues.

I know I'm not in a position to sit here and talk about using credit, since I have a car loan and a mortgage. I do know that the one thing I was never crazy enough to do was take out student loans for my college degree. So I don't know why you sit there and continually dog the OP for paying off his CC when this is happening:

I truly hope that you are not stuck with them for 20+ years, but before you go hostile on someones topic, make sure your not the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not calling the kettle black. I wasn't lucky to have parents that were responsible and saved for my college education. I had to get scholarships, grants, and loans to make it through college. I have worked since I was 14 trying to scrape together money. Worked nights in college to help pay for my apartment. Student loans were a necessary evil for me, and I deal with them. However I have 1 CC now, and my wife 2. We pay the balance of in full, or damn close every month. I guess every month I will make a post saying I paid off all my credit cards, and get praise and joy from INGO because I was responsible and didn't spend out of my limit!

Top Bottom