I phone 6 plus battery issues— anyone else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have read on one of the computer sites that the battery life in a typical cell phone is approximately 500 recharges. If you recharge every other day that works out to about 3 years.

Still I am amazed at how long the battery does last in a cell phone. Apple wouldn't have had as much of a problem if they were just honest and admitted that a worn out battery can damage their hardware, which is why they throttle back CPU speed to save the phone. Sure would have been better to admit it up front than face the firestorm that resulted from their hiding what was going on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've never had a phone that didn't need a new battery in a year. Often the batteries swell when they start to get towards retirement.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've never had a phone that didn't need a new battery in a year. Often the batteries swell when they start to get towards retirement.

Yeah, up until now I'd never gotten less than 3 years on a battery for a phone. I know lots of people don't know how to take care of various battery chemistries, but I do. Apple not only got caught on the throttling issue, they had a battery supplier with known QC issues that they won't make good on.

$30 to get it replaced is marginally ok by me except it's two hours one way for me to drive and apparently you have to make an appointment to get it done because they are backordered on batteries. I wouldn't even have an issue limping along with the external battery case like I have been the last year except for the phone shutting itself off when cold because the onboard battery can't take a charge. Not good for someone doing SAR in the cold.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I am still fighting issues with my lie phone. Searching for signal when I can see the tower. My buddy right next to me at work has full signal Just tried to do a hard restart... thinking of more of a half pound of tannerite :xmad: restart. I am the only one in the family that is having issues with a iPhone. Only want to keep it because my granddaughters have iPod touches and message me daily

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The fiance had the same issue. Before the update she could go all day on a charge. After and her battery craps out quickly.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have read on one of the computer sites that the battery life in a typical cell phone is approximately 500 recharges. If you recharge every other day that works out to about 3 years.
    This is about right, of note though it doesn't matter whether you do two charges from 50% to 100% or one charge from 0% to 100% it still counts as only one charge cycle. On some level the two charges from 50% to 100% is better than the deep discharge to 0% but over the life of the phone the difference will probably be marginal. If you must squeeze the absolute longest life out of the battery possible you want to stay in the 30 - 80% range as much as possible. I still don't believe the gains will be very much over the life of the device though. Just assume that the battery is a consumable item and will not have the same power on time at 2 years old as it did when it was new.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Where was your phone made?

You can text...but you gotta know Morse.....

communication.jpg

Top Bottom