• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, so it wasnt so bad as to wish I had that 90 minutes of my life back.

But as an avid fan of Patriot Day, I was left feeling empty.

Its called April Morning. It was a made for TV movie from 1988 starring Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn, Chad Lowe, and others. It has some interesting takes. Including exactly where that first shot came from.

Its more a coming of age movie than an actual historical treatment of that morning. As in it wasnt about the morning (April 19, 1775), but about one character that day. I didnt realize that until about 3/4 of the way through the movie. (I wont spoil it)

What pissed me off is they couldnt even get the basics... Like Captain Parker's famous quote about not firing unless fired upon. Literally that is all his character said as the British approached. (not the full "...but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.") You'd think they could get that in there at least. There was one other missing quote, inaccuracy, etc but I forget what it was now.

Here is the link. But be warned. You had better have a way to download it (like AimerSoft Video Creator Ultimate) or have a subscription to Youtube Premium to remove the ads. Because I was bombarded with ads every 5 minutes when I tried to stream it directly from Youtube. It was maddeningly distracting. (If you REALLY want to watch it and dont have a downloader, PM me. I can get you the file I downloaded. its not very large.)

https://youtu.be/1IQkkmGiTxQ

On the bright side, I was reminded of my biggest crush as a teenager back then... Meredeth Salenger. :naughty: Man did I have the hots for her.

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You actually expected a 1988 TV space filler movie to be anywhere 'Accurate'?

That might be where I would start the failure analysis...

----------------------

On the other hand, I watched the box set of Warner Brothers cartoons, (Merry Melodies, Loony Tunes, etc) and they were just as good as I remember,
    Maybe more so since now I understand the adult jokes.

A lot better entertainment that the talking heads spewing political 'Opinions' as 'Fact'.
    An hour of that crap and I get the outhouse runs... ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You actually expected a 1988 TV space filler movie to be anywhere 'Accurate'?

That might be where I would start the failure analysis...

----------------------

On the other hand, I watched the box set of Warner Brothers cartoons, (Merry Melodies, Loony Tunes, etc) and they were just as good as I remember,
    Maybe more so since now I understand the adult jokes.

A lot better entertainment that the talking heads spewing political 'Opinions' as 'Fact'.
    An hour of that crap and I get the outhouse runs... ;)

Yes. Better by far. It was reasonable entertainment for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

I miss the good old cartoons. Not sure why, but the wife and I belt this song out from time to time... As I recall its a thing from her childhood.

[video=youtube;arDVQ-C44tM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arDVQ-C44tM[/video]

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Amazing how the good natured fun holds up to become 'Classics'...

I watched the YouTube video where the Black Lives Matter (young people) watched Blazing Saddles for the first time to see 'How Racist' it was,
    Minds already made up that it was 'Racist' from other people's 'Opinions',

But wound up laughing so hard they couldn't keep track of being 'Offended'.
    Stood around repeating lines from the movie and cracking each other up instead of working themselves up into being outraged.

I noticed one source faced older guy wasn't happy with the results, probably the guy that wanted everyone to be 'Outraged' in the first place...

I watched 'Bully For Bugs' (bugs the bull fighter) and it's the best 7 minutes in cartoons I've ever seen! :)

I'm SURE someone, somewhere... can find a reason to be 'Offended', but that's their problem...
    I'm with you and your wife, life is too short to be miserable all the time, breaking into spontaneous song sounds pretty good to me!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    My son loves Looney tunes. Blazing Saddles another comedy classic. Goes to show about taking things not so seriously. Comedy’s always poke fun at serious issues. Not being offended and laughing stuff off is how to deal most times.

Top Bottom