I really want to replace my Glock sights.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I have tried to work with the stock sights on my G3 model 26 for two years. I give up.
    there are dozens of after market sights out there, they are no doubt better than stock. I really don't need glow in the dark, laser range finding, tactical feed back, micro chip compatible sights.
    I also don't want to spend the kid's college fund on a good set either. So, I ask you, regarding economical sights. which ones would you NOT buy? Everybody has a preference of a personal nature so I would rather know what sights are not worth the money. Armed with this consensus I can narrow down my search and find my preferred sights.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What issue are you having/trying to fix?

So, I know you said you didn't "need" night sights, but are you carrying the gun?

If you want to stay low price and still go night sights, you could do worse than these: https://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=GLOCK-NSXXXX $57 + shipping.

That said, the last set I got were the Trijicon HD's. I have had (and still do on at least one gun) standard Glock night sights like the above, as well as Meprolights (I prefer a different color on the rears from the front), but will say that I like the Trijicon HDs the best. The dots on the rear of the Trijicon HD's disappear in the daylight since there are no white outlines, and the orange on the front really pops in daylight, but disappears in favor of the tritium at night.

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    The model 26 is my EDC. It's also what I use for competition, short sight radius and all. I guess my issue is the slop of the rear sight notch. In a defensive situation I point and shoot. Currently getting an accurate sight picture is a 'hit or miss" kind of thing. My hope is to lessen the time it takes to center the front sight in the rear aperture. I wouldn't mind night sights it's just the cost factor for reputable ones. I also shoot a 1911 with open GI sights, I like the way those sights present a target.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went with the ameriglo Hackathorns for my Glock 26. I bought a set for my G17, and will be getting some for my G19.

I hate the stock sights. I tried the Meprolights which are 3-dot. My problem is that there was too much going on. With the Hackathorns, it's a black rear sight with a tritium front sight. In the day, that front sight is orange.

I can pick that front sight up real fast, and quickly line it up. I love them.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Check out Tru Glo TFO sights They are tritium and fiber optic in the same sight. FO for matches/NS for carry. I have these one several of my CCW pistols. They cost about $100 from Dillon or maybe less from Brownells

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I installed a set of Ameriglo's on my G22. I used their tall, suppressor sights, as it was going to be a full time host for my Isis-9. They sell standard height sights in both solid steel and night sights. I am very happy with the ones I got and they were priced very reasonable.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Warren sights if you like black rear and fiber optic front. They use a wide rear notch and a narrower front allowing you to more easily focus on your front sight.

Truglo TFO if you want a fiber optic night sight since they are the only ones to make such a thing.

Trijicon or Meprolight if you want a good set of classic night sights.

XS Sights if you want the big dot front and shallow rear.

I would recommend having someone install them for you that isnt going to use a hammer to get the old rear off.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Truglo sights are complete garbage. DO NOT buy them.

You should get a set of Trijicon HDs and be done with it. Warren Tactical sights are also a good options as are 10=8 performance as well. A really good economical option is the Ameriglo DeFoor sights. They're blacked out, but you can get some flourescent nail polish or paint pen and color the front sight whatever you want.

Just my :twocents:... but what do I know.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Truglo sights are complete garbage. DO NOT buy them.

You should get a set of Trijicon HDs and be done with it. Warren Tactical sights are also a good options as are 10=8 performance as well. A really good economical option is the Ameriglo DeFoor sights. They're blacked out, but you can get some flourescent nail polish or paint pen and color the front sight whatever you want.

Just my :twocents:... but what do I know.

Why do you say the truglo sights are junk?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That said, the last set I got were the Trijicon HD's. I have had (and still do on at least one gun) standard Glock night sights like the above, as well as Meprolights (I prefer a different color on the rears from the front), but will say that I like the Trijicon HDs the best. The dots on the rear of the Trijicon HD's disappear in the daylight since there are no white outlines, and the orange on the front really pops in daylight, but disappears in favor of the tritium at night.

^^^^THIS^^^^ Beat me to it! :yesway:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Why do you say the truglo sights are junk?

I have read lots of reports that the fiber optic portion will fall out over time with moderate to heavy use. Also that the tritium vials tend not to last as long as the other guys. This hasn't been my particular experience (I almost always default to Trijicon), but it wouldn't surprise me if Sam's seen them fail @ Range Time. Mine however became very milky looking in the short amount of time that I ran them.

I do have to also agree that the Trijicon HD's (yellow preferred) are probably the best thing currently available. Very visible in daylight, nice deep rear notch, extremely easy to work the slide off of, and built Trijicon tuff. The only better option I've found is to mill the slide and add an RMR.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah a lot of those TFO's will have their fiber optic tube just fall out of the sight. I think the have a new version where this is fixed but idk... Plus you can't do one handed manipulations as easy due to lack of a ledge on the rear sight.

Most everything here that has been mentioned I think would serve you well though. I have a fan of the blacked out rear with tritium for night. The HD's recommended are great. And so are Ameriglo I-DOT pros if you wanna spend a little less money. As someone stated I also am a fan of the yellow front over the orange. With the blacked out rear its all about the front in daylight. But then you have your choice if you want 3 dot or strait 8 on your tritium from the rear. I think that is the real thing to think on

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just pushed in a set of Triji-HD's on Saturday, and went to the range Sunday, WOW! They are fast, and easy, like a Big Dot, but with a very large rear opening! May just be me, but I think my times and accuracy improved over my last range session as well!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Factory sights I modified... Little time and fingernail polish.. I see them much better.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Top Bottom