I received an email and PDF of my approved Form 1 (SBR)...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    This is a bit weird...
    Last July, before the law change, I filled out a Form 1 for my SBR on-line, paid my $200 tax, and thought that I had submitted it...
    Well it turns out the form was still in edit mode and never got transmitted (my fault for not catching it) all the way until February 2017... i know, i know...
    When I saw that it was not sent, I went ahead and sent it through hoping it would still go through the old way under my NFA Trust.

Yesterday I got an email from the ATF with a PDF containing my approved Form 1... yeah!!!

Ok, so here's my question.... All of the fields in the 2nd page are blank and it doesn't have my photo or the LEO portion filled out (because it wasn't required at the time) ... Do I still have to fill that out?
    Under the old law, I didn't have to get LEO sign off or submit a photo... So am I good to go leaving it blank??
    They did approve it on page 1, and it's signed by the ATF official...
    However, per the instructions on page 3 (sections 2-d,e,f) it says the application has to be filled out with LEO, photo, etc...
    ... But it's already approved....

GTG? Help?

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    To me this sound like a technical snafu. I would reach out the ATF on this and ask for clarfiation vs spending time in club fed over something stupid as an ATF technical issue.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I fully agree. None of my Form 1's ever had anything filled out except for the first page. Print it out and put it in the safe along with the flash drive with the PDF on it.

Same on mine. Only the front page.

Top Bottom