• Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    SecuritySix2_zps63f8d617.jpg

Que, it looks like yours is dangerous to shoot. Someone at the factory must have hit the switch too soon and cut off the barrel before it got to the full 4". Because I care about your safety, I'll give you $50 for it and take it off your hands. Maybe I can find a barrel extension and make it safe to shoot, maybe, its a risk I'm willing to take for you. I wouldn't do this for just anyone. Trust me. You can trust me, because I said "trust me" earlier. See?

I have the 2.7 inch barrel. It does look short, but I'll hold on to this one. LOL!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a 2.7 Security Six identical to the OP. When my oldest daughter left home in 1993, it became her HD gun. It recently found its way back to me and is my console gun.

It fits in K frame holsters. I bought it used for$75. It is a great snubby. Its loaded with 125 gr .357's.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Someone educate me please. What is different about the Security Six that makes it more desirable then a Gp100?

A little less "beefy" and yet (and it really pains me to say this) stronger than a K frame Smith and Wesson....In other words you can guilt free shoot the poo out of it with .357 magnum loads and know it will hold up pretty well (as long as you don't go all buffalo bore on it!)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That is one pretty pistol. I let a good friend talk me out of my 642. I could not hardly sleep till I got it back. I did not realize how much I liked it until I did not have it in my pocket. It's has a 1 7/8 inch barrel.

It makes your had ring when you shoot 357's out of it. I carry it with 38+P's. small revolvers are an excellent bug gun. I carry it with my 1911. When I want to carry a little more stealth I just carry the 642.

I have a lead on a Detective Special. I am hoping to get it!

Top Bottom