I scored some good stuff.........for free!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife's brother works for a place that cuts vinyl graphics for RVs and the like. He gives my wife small rolls of colored sticky vinyl that she uses to scrapbook and makes stickers with her Cricut machine.

She comes home the other day with about 15-20 new rolls. One of them is a rubbery black textured vinyl. The roll is about 5' x 8' or so. I cut a piece a few square inches and look closer. Industrial strength adhesive on the back.

I've never handled the Rubberized Talon grip tape but I think this stuff is just like it. I cut a piece to fit the backstrap of my XDm and it seems to stick very good. The traction is quite good but not sticky. I'll try a few more pieces on the grip and see how they do when I shoot it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I put this stuff on the front strap on today. Feels great. The picture makes it look a lot more grey than it really is. The heavy grip blocks some complain about on the XDm's never really bothered me but this stuff make it a lot better.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Comparing this stuff next to a picture of the Talon stuff online, the Talon stuff seems to have a bot more aggressive pattern but not by much.

handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    I also have a business doing vinyl graphics for RV's, gas station canopies, body wraps and so on. Glad to see you could use some of the "waste" lol. But really a good idea on the textured stuff

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Update. (Actually I had forgot about this thread but ran across it looking for something else.)

It's been almost 2 years and the stuff I put on my XDm is still going strong. I've carried it IWB quite a bit, ran a few IDPA matches with it and lots of range trips.

I still have a good amount of it left too.

Top Bottom