• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Since breaking in my new Remington 700 Police a couple weeks ago, I have been doing a new ritual to really test the accuracy on each range trip. I have taken a dime taped to a blank sheet of paper as a sacrifice to the accuracy gods. The first time I did this, right after the break-in, I ended up with a half moon dime, but on the last three trips, I have had 1-shot, 1-kill dime hits at 100 yards.

This trip was a little different, in that my sacrificial dime actually went right through the backstop, and into the dirt berm at the back of the range. Upon inspection of the paper target, I could tell that the now lost dime had been another perfect hit... If only I could find it. It vexed me enough this evening, that I decided to go back to the gun club after closing time to try to search for my poor dime, and the only evidence of a perfect accuracy run. After a bit of raking and digging, I finally found my long lost dime, to add to my Remington 700P perfection collection.

I present the latest evidence of 100-yard perfection:
    recovereddime.jpg

explodeddime.jpg

My instrument of perfection:
    finishedr700p1.jpg

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Good shooting. The next logical step is making that shot with the first round fired for the day.

After that see if you can get two rounds through a dime without having them touch or breaking the edge! I won't try to BS anyone into believing that it was anything other than luck when I did it but it was kind of cool nonetheless.

IMG00030-20090317-1050.jpg

IMG00028-20090317-1049.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    phylodog - We're unworthy. :bow: We're unworthy. :bow:

Now that's some fine shooting. What was the caliber, distance and platform?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    phylodog - We're unworthy. :bow: We're unworthy. :bow:

Now that's some fine shooting. What was the caliber, distance and platform?

Pretty similar to your rifle. Rem 700 in .308, rounds were fired from 100 yards. I didn't think I'd hit it with the first round because they usually come off of the target backer. I fired the second round and it was gone. Got down there and couldn't believe what I found.
    IMG_0930-Copy.jpg

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Pretty similar to your rifle. Rem 700 in .308, rounds were fired from 100 yards. I didn't think I'd hit it with the first round because they usually come off of the target backer. I fired the second round and it was gone. Got down there and couldn't believe what I found.

Once again... Fine job.

I have no doubt about hitting my dime twice. I just don't think I could ever get two distinct holes... That is one in a million.

BTW - your tipod is just plain sick! Who makes that?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    So I guess you don't have problems with your gun going bang! on it's own?

Good call... You caught me. I now have to admit that I didn't actually make this shot. When I walked away from my rifle, it managed to make this fine shot all on its own. I too am a victim of the CNBC's Remington trigger. ;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The tripod pictured is made by Alamo Four Star and can be purchased from Phoenix Tactical but they're hard to get ahold of. Not many making it out on the commercial market currently due to military contracts.

My rifle has the Badger Ordinance M5 bottom metal which accepts Accuracy International magazines.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

You do realize it is against Federal Law to destroy money? It could be "stretched" to confiscate ALL of your firearms. Just give me that rifle and I will keep my mouth shut.

Thanks for looking out for a fellow shooter...

Here is how the law is defined with regard to defacing currency:

"IT'S LEGAL! U.S. Title 18, Chapter 17, Section 331: Prohibits among other things, fraudulent alteration and mutilation of coins. This statute does not, however, prohibit the mutilation of coins if done without fraudulent intent if the mutilated coins are not used fraudulently."

We have all seen the machines that turn your penny into a thin stamped logo for amusement parks, and we have all seen jewelry, money clips and belt buckles made from real coins. This is all possible because the law is written in such a way that it is only against the Law to deface US currency that is in circulation. It is not illegal to cut and enhance currency that has been removed from circulation. By changing a coin into a work of art, like my ballistic sculpture or jewelry, it is no longer "in circulation", and could never be used to conduct transactions.

Just in case I am wrong about this, I will be sending my rifle to you ASAP. Please go stand on your front porch until UPS arrives.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have one on a 260 and the main thing i like about it is i can load my rounds alot longer and get closer to the lands without making my rifle a single shot. my badger has a diffrent mag release. i ordered a rad tack latch off snipershide and i love it. this is not a good pic of the latch but its a great item if you go with the badger. i believe you can order them already installed but if not they are easy to do. you may not be able to tell in this pic but my release bullon wraps around the trigger gaurd instid of having a bar that extends down

MYBUCKDADSDOE008.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    +1 for the Rad Tac Latch. I have one installed as well and I like it much better than the stock release. While you're check out Randy's website, he is also manufacturing bottom metal similar to the Badger so you could go with his setup just as easily and cheaper than the Badger.

I will give a huge +1 to Randy at R&D Precision. He built my .308 and it has been awesome since day one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom