Currently In Toronto
    switch.jpg

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Nice, I was picturing one of those big stiletto blades! Any way you can bring that back to the US with you?
    I don't think so. Years ago I tired to bring one into Texas fro Nuevo Laredo, Mexico and they wouldn't allow me to bring it in. I have heard rumors that Indiana is currently trying to make auto blades legal. You can get stilettos down here as well but they are more difficult to find. This one can be bought almost everywhere. My son has one that is identical to mine. He is 15.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Don't know if this is related or not, but I just read this off a thread on the PEgunowner website (translated to English):

"I really don't know what this country is coming to with all these immigrants around. Just today I was with some friends hanging out and as we left I was walking along the street, minding my own business, and doing a little window shopping. Out of nowhere some American turns around a whips out a switchblade on me! I nearly deficated myself, and probably would have it would have been one of those thigh riding machetes the police carry. This is to be expected I guess- "they" have even been known to carry open weapons in zoos up there. I think I'll look into one of those machetes. Be on guard my friends!"

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Don't know if this is related or not, but I just read this off a thread on the PEgunowner website (translated to English):

"I really don't know what this country is coming to with all these immigrants around. Just today I was with some friends hanging out and as we left I was walking along the street, minding my own business, and doing a little window shopping. Out of nowhere some American turns around a whips out a switchblade on me! I nearly deficated myself, and probably would have it would have been one of those thigh riding machetes the police carry. This is to be expected I guess- "they" have even been known to carry open weapons in zoos up there. I think I'll look into one of those machetes. Be on guard my friends!"

Oh my gosh! I can't stop laughing. I have to spread it around before I rep you again.

On another note, +1 for Bondhead88 for situational awareness.

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    Switch blades only cost S/.6 soles down here (about $2.00 USD) and the Peruvian find them more intimidating than lock blades. Unless you want to be like the police and walk around with a machete on your hip.

If you are running into robberies this frequently, I think I'd prefer the machete on my hip.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You've never heard of "The Cross and the Switchblade?" :D
    Yes I have, great movie, heard their redoing it. This has nothing to do with me sharing the Gospel with someone and getting hurt for it. This was self preservation from a robbery attempt.

There is a reason I carry in the US and I will be carrying here is for my safety and the safety of my family. I don't want to hurt or kill anybody but I do not want me or my family hurt either.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto

I'm a Canadian eh so got the wrong guy.***lol

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I was talking to one of the other guys here who lives in the compound and it turns out the kiosk they run was robbed yesterday. A guy pulled a gun on one of the ladies who was working it it. He took all of the money and a bunch of the food. She was so shook up she didn't say anything for 25 minutes.

The area we live in Lima is Villa El Salvador and it's one of the poorer and more crime ridden areas.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Last week two guys tried to kidnap a young child from the market up the road and a large group of people caught up with then almost as they passed out compound. I think they would have preferred Jail compared to what the crowd did to them.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Last week two guys tried to kidnap a young child from the market up the road and a large group of people caught up with then almost as they passed out compound. I think they would have preferred Jail compared to what the crowd did to them.

... by bunga bunga.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Yes I have, great movie, heard their redoing it. This has nothing to do with me sharing the Gospel with someone and getting hurt for it. This was self preservation from a robbery attempt.

There is a reason I carry in the US and I will be carrying here is for my safety and the safety of my family. I don't want to hurt or kill anybody but I do not want me or my family hurt either.

I was just joking to someone else about what switchblades have to do with a mission's trip so don't get too worked up about it. I'm an occasional missionary myself and my uncle actually worked with Dave Wilkerson.

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I just stopped a robbery! I was just at the ScotiaBank machine in Villa El Salvador, Peru and three guys were watching me. As I left I noticed one of the guys break off from the group and start to follow me. So, I slowed down and he slowed down, I sped up an he sped up. I stopped to pretend to look at something and he stopped on the sidewalk. As I sped up again he sped up. I let him get right behind me. He didn't notice that I had taken something out of my pocket. I stopped dead and spun around to face him pushing the button on my switch blade as I did so.
    The blade sprang out and his eyes opened wide. He decided he didn't want to be there and took off running back to his friends. I get to keep my money and he didn't get hurt. I'd say that was a fair exchange!

Sooo...do you hang with mrortega??:n00b:...just curious? If so, I'd like to keep a bead on where y'all are hangin' so I can go the other way...no offense.;)

Top Bottom