• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Read on the internet and watch some youtube vids on shooting technique.

Free, convenient and super easy access.

Then get to the range and PRACTICE.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    First off, I'm a noob. I probably haven't even shot 1k rounds in my life so I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I bought a g23 in early 2012, and aside from the perfect shot every once in a while, I consistently hit 3 or 4" low at 21ft. My brother is way better with it so I know it's not the pistol. And my groups weren't great but at least on target with both an m&p9fs and an xd9sc. Oh and it doesn't matter if it's got the stock barrel or the 9mm conversion barrel, 3 to 4" low like clockwork so I ruled out the possibility that I just suck with .40 based on that. I'm open to the notion that a g19 would be better...

So my question is should I sell it and get something I'm better with (leaning towards an m&p9c) or is it possible to fix that with training? I really don't like the idea of just accepting that I suck at shooting glocks and just getting something else, but that's probably better than betting my life on a pistol that I'm no good with...

You hit hit the bullseye with your first assessment. You're a noob who's shot less than 1000 rounds. Like any skill, shooting takes practice. When I first went through training with my Glock 22, the instructor almost failed me because I also shot low. It look some practice to get where I needed to be with the gun. For some reason, I'm a crack shot with my 1911, but never have been with my Glock (and a .40 should be more accurate than a .45). Put more rounds though your 23 before you give up on it; it's a fine weapon.

Good luck. ;)

Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I got my first Glock I couldn't hit anything with it either, Going from wheel guns and ruger 9mm a glock is diffrent in the way it feels, I found that once I took my time and worked with it, I trust my glock over everything.

dunningben

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Bremen, IN
    training...

being a fire arms instructor, i'd recommend some training.... the best i could tell you over the internet is to focus on the sight picture, sight alignment and slow and steady trigger squeeze....also, focus on the tip of the front sight post and not the target, the target and rear sight should be blurry...if you are anticipating your shots, pushing forward and down just before the trigger breaks, that could be an issue as well....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom