• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    You paid someone upfront that you did not know from Adam and he flakes and you want to go cut down his parents yard trees?

Let me know when you decide to do this, I want a good video to put on you tube.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As much as I understand the desire to get justice, I think this is one of those times you cut your losses and move on. How much trouble are you willing to make over 40 bucks?

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Either continue calling until you get your rick or chaulk up the $40 as a loss.... Cutting down his parents tree will not get you anything but trouble... They obviously have your number and could trace it back just as easily as you did and find out where you are and then seek legal action against you :twocents:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hard lesson learned. Warn your friends. Get over it. EVERYBODY has been jacked at one time or another. If you learned something from this encounter then it wasn't a TOTAL waste. You're allowing this incident and this loser to control you.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I think you got ripped off, too. Might get one of them to fork out the difference with enough harassment, but $40 isn't worth that much trouble. Find someone you can trust.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......... So, I matched the phone number to an address. I know right where it is. I actually drove out there last night to look around. ...........

DONUTS.jpg

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    You paid someone upfront that you did not know from Adam and he flakes and you want to go cut down his parents yard trees?

Let me know when you decide to do this, I want a good video to put on you tube.

Or use in his trial for malicious destruction of private property

It's $40.00, face it , you got screwed, get over it before you do something that costs you more than $40.00 to settle in court

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Personally, I would give up on the firewood and just try to get the rest of your money back. Tell him that if you don't have your money back by "X" amount of time you're going to the Police (not sure the Police could do anything here, but the threat might scare them into repaying), and that you have recorded conversations as proof, etc. Also, you could go back to Rural King and write a little "feedback" on his ad, to protect others.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Send them a copy of your Indiana department of revenue form showing $40 of sales of firewood and $20 of forgiven debt that counts as income. The state'll figure it out. As others have said, not worth it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Cut the tree down and then burn his parents house down. Call the police and explain your side while his parents are panicking because someone cut down one of their trees and set their house of fire. Finally, take the whole family on Judge Judy to recover the $40 and wood originally owed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Take down the add or mark on it he is a thief. Put invoice in the mail to parents house letting them know that you know. Buy a case of beer and drink all of it. Wake up and get past hang over. Forget about the $40 bucks and move on.

Top Bottom