• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I recently picked up this 229 platinum elite at Midwest Gun Exchange(very nice store), along with a Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22.

I originally wanted a 229 stainless steel elite, but had trouble finding one, so I settled for this.

I ordered a set of equinox grips as soon I got home because the factory aluminum grips look rather tacky in my opinion, and I am very pleased with the new look.

IMG_0202.jpg
    Sig how it sits now.

IMG_0206.jpg
    With factory grips layed over so you get the idea how it looked.

IMG_0210.jpg
    Next to my Para P14

IMG_0207.jpg
    Next to the M&P

I haven't got to the range yet but I plan on putting a few hundred rounds through it next weekend. If I remember to take the camera I'll try to get some pics of it in action and possibly a mini range report. Thanks for watching folks:D

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Dad, if you're "settling" for a platinum elite, you're living in a nicer tax bracket than I'm in. Looks very nice! And, yes, the signess is awful. Sneaks up and grabs you by the boo boo. Next thing you know, you'll have to have a 226, then an old P6/225, then a P238, it never seems to stop!!

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I really like ALL of my Sigs EXCEPT the 226 DAK I recently got. I just don't care for the trigger. It's to bad to b/c the gun is a factory refurb with nice NSs and new grips. Maybe I can have the trigger switched out to traditional DA/SA. Sigs are great and I've NEVER had a FTF/FTE with one.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Dad, if you're "settling" for a platinum elite, you're living in a nicer tax bracket than I'm in. Looks very nice! And, yes, the signess is awful. Sneaks up and grabs you by the boo boo. Next thing you know, you'll have to have a 226, then an old P6/225, then a P238, it never seems to stop!!
    Yeah I already have plans for a non railed 220 and 226 projects for early next year:D

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    BackTrail - *Nice looking sig. *Did you switch the grips just out of aesthetics, or was it the feel? *I love the Aluminum grips on my 226, it is like the gun is glued to my hand, but the silver might be a little much even for me. *And the Equinox grips are hot, I just wish they were a little darker.*

Colt - *You can convert the gun to DA/SA, TOPGUNSupply has the parts you need. *I have been wanting to try out DAK sometime. *What didn't you like about it?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    [quote
    Colt - *You can convert the gun to DA/SA, TOPGUNSupply has the parts you need. *I have been wanting to try out DAK sometime. *What didn't you like about it?
    *[/quote]

I'm just a traditionalist I guess. I prefer the DA/SA mode. To be honest I haven't shot it but I have played with it a lot. Thanks for the tip on parts. :yesway:

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    BackTrail - *Nice looking sig. *Did you switch the grips just out of aesthetics, or was it the feel? *I love the Aluminum grips on my 226, it is like the gun is glued to my hand, but the silver might be a little much even for me. *And the Equinox grips are hot, I just wish they were a little darker.*
    Originally yes, purely aesthetics, but also because the aluminum grips feel too small for my hand. The equinox feel much better, but are also not as grippy. Once I put a few hundred through it I may switch to some G10's if they aren't adequate enough, although I hear they are even thinner than the aluminum grips according to those on sig forum. I think these equinox will be ok, I just wish the stippling went up higher and wrapped around the back of the grip some.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    You gotta love the Sigs. Personally, I own 3 right now, 2 229's and 1 239, all in .40. I'm in the process of setting up my 2nd 229 to be an exact duplicate of the 1st. There's nothing special about any of them, just good old fashion carry guns. My next Sig will be a 229R so I can add a light and make it a house gun.

cardsfan05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Haubstadt
    I just picked up a 226 stainless from a fellow INGO'er! I've only shot 100 rds thru it but it is Sweet!! :rockwoot:
    I really like the new grips you added!! I definitely have the SIG-ness as well!

Top Bottom