• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Prices on most rifles seem to be on the high side. A couple of weeks ago I saw an SAR-3 sell for over $1400 on Gunbroker (sold price, not asking). That rifle originally could be found for well under $300.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    When I was a kid, my uncle had a black one and a brown one. I thought they were cutting edge, high tech, futuristic for the 1960s.

I wanted one badly. Would probably still want one if I could find a specimen that wasn't beat to crap.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    How much for a 1966 Colt Python that's in nice shape? Or a nickel plated Colt Cobra from the 60's? Easily 5x original price. Same applies to cars, jewelry, etc., many things that hold value or nostalgia interest.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Some sap like me would buy that if I had money to blow, for sentimental reasons. I had that exact gun as a boy, man that just brought back some good memories. Need my butt kicked for ever getting rid of dad's rifle he gave me.....I would never do that today. Young and dumb. I would like to have a black Nylon again. Always liked that gun.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I went to an auction on Sunday and was amazed to see an Italian 1941 Carcano rifle sell for $400 plus fees. I don't even remember them ever being worth half that, prices seem to have skyrocketed at the bottom end. Oddly enough, I haven't observed the same relative jump at the higher end though, prices seem up, but not the same percentage as the lower end stuff.

It's just what I am seeing at recent auctions; guns that were worth $150 a couple years ago are suddenly worth $400-500, but guns that were worth $1,000 a couple of years ago are only selling for $1,100-1,200.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The Nylon always reminded me of a Matel product. Cool for a toy buy not a real tool. They should have gone space age futuristic with the design instead of trying to make it look like the fake plastic wood in a 1970's car.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some sap like me would buy that if I had money to blow, for sentimental reasons. I had that exact gun as a boy, man that just brought back some good memories. Need my butt kicked for ever getting rid of dad's rifle he gave me.....I would never do that today. Young and dumb. I would like to have a black Nylon again. Always liked that gun.
    This! Right now prices for run of the mill models of 70's cars are through the roof. Heck, even old bicycles that would have been given away a few years ago are fetching a good price. I think some here just have no idea what is going on in the rest of the world, hence threads like this. LOL

Top Bottom