• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I ordered a mid-length rifle on 23 Feb. Their web site said it would be three to four weeks. I called at three weeks and was told it would be three more from that date. I called at four weeks and was told it would be three more from that date. I called now at five weeks and - you guessed it - it will be three more weeks.

I posted on Spike's Industry feedback on ARFCOM after the first delay and received a terse reply from the CEO.

I think they're playing games and don't want people to go elsewhere when they order.

Any thoughts?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    IMO you should post that "Terse Reply".

When someone orderes a rifle from us, its either in stock at the distributor or not.

And if it is, its here in days. If its not, we dont make any promises. Because the manufactorers can be .... that way.

Not good business in my opinion. Depending on what was said in the "terse reply". This is the second story I have heard about this issue in as many weeks.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I would take it as a blessing. If you put it on a charge card, they are letting you pay it off so you can buy something else. I have a problem waiting for stuff I really want also. Quality is worth the wait. Although, I would cancel my order after a less than positive reply from a CEO. By now you could have bought and paid for a Noveske.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    cancel your oder and go elsewhere, and if you have to have a Spike's then order it from somone who has stock. I saw you post of Arfcomm and there have been others that have complained about similiar problems.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    link to your thread?

i am dealing with a different gun company right now...seems that delays, poor communication and bad customer service are fairly common in the firearm world.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Here is the sequence:

Originally Posted By dross80:
    I ordered a Mid Length with no extras on 23 Feb. At the time of the order, the web site estimated 3-4 weeks, so according to the web estimate, I should have had it this week or next.

I called today and was told it would be another 3 - 4 weeks, and that was an optimistic estimate. They haven't even sent it to be built because they don't have lowers.

My only problem is that I should have been informed of this, and the web site should reflect actual times. I suspect that if actual times were posted they would lose sales to other companies.

My original plan had been to order an upper from Del Ton and complete a lower I already have. Because their delivery times were several weeks behind, I went to Spikes, and having heard lots of good things about the company, I spent more and ordered from them, partially because the web site estimated a much sooner delivery time.

Right now their web site estimates 4 -6 weeks for a rifle ordered today, but I doubt that can be true if I'm looking at 3-4 weeks and I'm three weeks ahead of the people who order today.

I just suggest being more forthcoming so people can make a decision with all the facts.

Originally Posted By badazzar15:
    Do you think that it would be possible for us to do this every time there is a delay in production? Do you know how many thousands of customers we have? We are trying our best to fill orders in a timely manner. We have someone working to keep the ETA's on our website updated and correct, they should be starting this right away.

Originally Posted By dross80:
    I don't know how possible it is. I know next to nothing about your business. So perhaps, in the interest of fairness, I should have said that I would have liked to have been informed. You see the world from where you sit, I see it from where I sit. From where I sit, I'm deeply disappointed that a rifle I thought I was getting in four weeks might take eight weeks or even longer. I think you can understand that, and also I understand very little about what your production and administration issues are until you tell me.

I do, however, appreciate your responding to this post.

Edit: Also, gald to hear that you're going to make your web time estimates more accurate. That will go a long way.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Here is the sequence:

Do you think that it would be possible for us to do this every time there is a delay in production? Do you know how many thousands of customers we have? We are trying our best to fill orders in a timely manner. We have someone working to keep the ETA's on our website updated and correct, they should be starting this right away.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:By no means tell your customers the truth. Why would we have the audacity to ask you to do so.:rolleyes: You hold our HARD EARNED MONEY and continue to lie about when you will be able to deliver on your end of the deal.

Why do we as consumers continue to put up with this BS??? "Its just the industry norm......" Screw that! I have an ever growing list of firearms manufactures that will never see another dime of my money. In my world, you lie, I no longer trust you. It works the same way in business. Using the size of your customer base as an excuse is weak....very weak. :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Spike's jumped in with some killer products at amazing prices, and didn't appear to consider the massive number of orders they'd quickly be receiving. Success appears to be their enemy right now.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This does not bode well for the 2 rifles (both with customer deposits) and 5 stripped lowers I'm currently waiting on.

I will also add that Spikes screwed up the first (and to date only) dealer order we placed with them. It was not a big problem, but I emailed our CSR about it and received no reply whatsoever, which is a bit disconcerting.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    For stripped lowers, I've always used Tactical Innovations. Built by them in house, and a darn fine (better than a Spike's IMO) lower for comparable if not better pricing.

I don't mind the upper I got that is Spike's branded, but I only bought it cause the deal was too good to pass up. $439.95 plus shipping and was in stock. Other than that, I avoid them pretty much because of their lead times, which are ridiculous for a company who farms a lot of the work out..

In the end, I hope you get this sorted out and get your upper.

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Here is the sequence:

wow, I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. I agree, that's a pretty lame and rather ridiculous excuse. It's basic business, don't sell something you don't have, at least not without letting people know. I applaud you :rockwoot: for your replies to them... you are very nice in them, which challenges me... bravo for self-control and not getting bent out of shape. :yesway: Hope you get yours soon... I'm not ready for a purchase, but when the time comes, I was considering them. Thanks for the heads-up as this seems to be a growing problem with them.

Top Bottom